Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2011, 01:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

After the hell some people are putting Arrow through over grain/DNR and problematic masters, it's perfectly understandable why he would tell them to stick with a format that's likely to cause less controversy. You just cannot please everyone with blu.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:20 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'm not sure that's the case for the majority of the movie buying public, especially in the current economic climate.I still buy lots of DVDs even if there is a Blu-ray equivalent available.I'm just not interested in double dipping on certain titles that I have on perfectly watchable, extras stuffed DVDs.I'm not particularly keen on lining Sony's pockets either!
Woh, watch a DVD compared to a Blu and then you'll take that back!

I have yet to see a Blu not worthy!
Old 19th April 2011, 01:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
I don't buy dvds anymore unless it is a totally obscure title.

Blu ray is the way!!
I'm sure Blu-ray is the way for hardcore movie fanatics, but is it the way for the majority of the movie buying public? I'm not so sure that it is, but I suppose time will tell.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:28 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Woh, watch a DVD compared to a Blu and then you'll take that back!

I have yet to see a Blu not worthy!
I have a Blu-ray player, and BDs to go with it.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm sure Blu-ray is the way for hardcore movie fanatics, but is it the way for the majority of the movie buying public? I'm not so sure that it is, but I suppose time will tell.
DVD is dying, prices are dropping and they are disappearing gradually from shops.

When I go to buy films now, I don't even bother looking at the DVD section anymore. Waste of time IMO! I know if I buy film X on DVD then a few weeks/months later I'll kick myself for not getting a Blu version.

For sure obscure titles that have DVD i tend to buy only online.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:33 PM
Active Cultist

there are so many films i'd like to see arrow release that i think it would be in some ways better for them to streamline and be a bit more cost effective with the overall package in order to get the films themselves out there.
the problem with these definitive bluray packages is that they are so close to perfect that the slightest mistake suddenly becomes far more glaring in light of all the perfection surrounding it.
also people get their expectations up so high that they could only be disappointed with the final result. maybe aim a bit lower in quality and aim for more quantity.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
there are so many films i'd like to see arrow release that i think it would be in some ways better for them to streamline and be a bit more cost effective with the overall package in order to get the films themselves out there.
the problem with these definitive bluray packages is that they are so close to perfect that the slightest mistake suddenly becomes far more glaring in light of all the perfection surrounding it.
also people get their expectations up so high that they could only be disappointed with the final result. maybe aim a bit lower in quality and aim for more quantity.
It is a damn shame that folks pounce and these things, but still if there is a better version available, well it is a no brainer. I guess more testing/research is needed before release.

Bluray bluray bluray!
Old 19th April 2011, 01:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
DVD is dying, prices are dropping and they are disappearing gradually from shops.
New DVDs are being released all the time! DVDs are certainly not disappearing from shops in my neck of the woods.Anyway, I think most people buy online nowadays so High Street DVD/BD shops may disappear altogether in the future.
Old 19th April 2011, 01:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
New DVDs are being released all the time! DVDs are certainly not disappearing from shops in my neck of the woods.Anyway, I think most people buy online nowadays so High Street DVD/BD shops may disappear altogether in the future.
If you had a choice between a DVD of a film and a Blu Ray, why would you choose the DVD? The only feasible reason I can think of would be to save a few pennies?
Old 19th April 2011, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
If you had a choice between a DVD of a film and a Blu Ray, why would you choose the DVD? The only feasible reason I can think of would be to save a few pennies?
Yep, that and the fact I don't see the point on double dipping on films that I already have on good quality DVDs.I'll only buy films I truly love on BD, DVD will suffice for all others, that includes new films I have yet to see.As much as I love films, I refuse to keep buying the same movie over and over again.I simply don't have the money to do it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!