All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th October 2009, 11:12 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndStreetFreak View Post
Dear me!

Afraid I have to bite back if my Mr Milligan is trashed!
Milligan is a marvel!
A true warped original, even when he's remaking himself.
Even when technically he's awful and all around him is damned to disaster he manages to create something grotesquely fascinating. A true, pure, Grindhouse God.

And a fascinating and ****ed up guy as well...The book about him, "The Ghastly One", is utterly essential reading for any Exploitation/Grindhouse fan.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 17th October 2009, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree guys.
One man's directorial genius is another man's flawed filmmaker and one man's cinematic classic is another man's waste of celluloid!
Old 11th December 2009, 11:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

And here is the official press release for a lovely little addition to your buffet of DVDs! Dig in!

BLOOD FEAST 2: ALL U CAN EAT

HERSCHELL GORDON LEWIS’ GLORIOUSLY GORY SEQUEL TO HIS CLASSIC 1963 SPLATTERFEST.

From the legendary Godfather of Gore, Herschell Gordon Lewis (The Wizard Of Gore; She-Devils On Wheels; Two Thousand Maniacs), comes the fantastically tongue-in-cheek (and in several of the film’s more graphic moments, “tongue out of cheek”) splatterfest, BLOOD FEAST 2: ALL U CAN EAT, the long-awaited sequel to his 1963 classic “Blood Feast”. Once more, Lewis serves up an extra fresh order of brains, guts and various other body parts to prove he’s lost none of his blood-soaked touch for comedic carnage and murderous mayhem.

Two generations after the cannibalistic caterer Fuad Ramses wreaked bloody havoc in the suburbs of Miami, his heir and grandson, Fuad Ramses III is on hand to revive the family business. Unaware of his grandfather’s indiscretions, and having inherited his ancestor’s bakery and confectionary store, young Fuad takes over the premises and sets about establishing himself as the supplier of quality food to the local community. Unfortunately, he is immediately possessed by the long-dormant demonic icon of Ishtar, an ancient, blood hungry goddess. Soon, Fuad is sequentially knocking off the guests of a wedding for which he has been employed to oversee the catering requirements and is using their bloody remains as the secret ingredients in his culinary delights.

Unsuccessfully trying to get to the bottom of the current spate of bizarre murders are a couple of bumbling cops, one of whom is due to be the groom at the forthcoming nuptials, the other a food-junkie who develops an irresistible appetite for Fuad’s delicious wares.

Laugh out loud funny and featuring some of the most gory and graphic murder scenes ever committed to celluloid, BLOOD FEAST 2 delivers everything one could want from a mindless, horror-comedy B-movie, from eye-gouging, dismemberment, brain removal and disembowelment to gratuitously flesh-baring scream queens and a throbbing psychobilly soundtrack by underground rockers Southern Culture on the Skids. To top it all off, fans of cult writer-director John Waters (Hairspray; Pink Flamingos) should keep an eye out for the man himself delivering an hilariously irreverent cameo turn as a paedophile priest.

For collectors, this release also comes with a reversible sleeve that gives fans the choice of displaying the movie’s original UK rental video artwork or a newly commissioned piece of oil painting artwork, plus a poster of the same.

BLOOD FEAST 2: ALL U CAN EAT (cert. 18) will be released on DVD (£15.99) by Arrow Video on 11th January 2010. Special Features include: On the Set with Herschell Gordon Lewis; Gore Gourment; Behind the Gore; Behind the Scenes; Deleted Scenes.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:36 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Unrated version of course.

For fans there's a graphic scene comparison between the unrated and R-rated prints here.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Niiiiice,Very very nice!
Old 12th December 2009, 09:01 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Nice. I already have mine on pre-order!
Old 12th December 2009, 04:19 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And what was the original UK rental video artwork?
Old 12th December 2009, 05:04 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Actually that word choice is carried over from the Street Trash press release -I think in this care it's the original US poster art - remind me to put it up next week when I'm back in the office - it's a little odd!
Old 12th December 2009, 05:12 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Wondered why I couldn't find the UK art anywhere
Old 15th December 2009, 06:10 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just a stevoj reminder about reverse art Mr Almar Sir Would love to get a peek at the reverse for Street Trash too when you have it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!