Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th May 2010, 08:00 PM
Cultist

Methinks it's a choice between ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS or THE BEYOND, or both now that would be something
Old 9th May 2010, 08:07 PM
Blogs Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
The word has been spread.
Thanks x10!
Old 9th May 2010, 09:23 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I just heard that it is The Beyond which is getting the Arrow treatment next but it will be a DVD and not Blu.
Which is me out as I already own the Grindhouse release which is good enough on DVD.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th May 2010, 09:47 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Nice review but you may want to edit the piece about Blue Underground "porting over" our extra features.

All the extras on the Arrow Blu Ray and DVD (including both commentaries) are only on the Arrow release.

The Blue Underground DVD, by comparison, has a 33 minute 'making of' documentary.

The Blue Underground Blu Ray has the making of, ten minutes of additional Catriona, 10 minutes of additional Giovanni and 20 minutes of Fulci memories from Catriona, Radice and a few others.

For those who wish to see the three hours of stuff on the Arrow disc, and hear both commentary tracks, you need to have the Arrow release!
If BU truly wanted to compete, they should have ported over the NoShame extras - which I haven't seen - including the 8mm location bit and subtitled the Salvati commentary. It wouldn't have made it better but it would have made me want to double dip.
Old 9th May 2010, 09:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I just heard that it is The Beyond which is getting the Arrow treatment next but it will be a DVD and not Blu.
Which is me out as I already own the Grindhouse release which is good enough on DVD.
Two things:

1) Who told you it was The Beyond?

2) If it's a title you already have but there's excess of unique extra features is that not a good reason to upgrade? (I say this as someone who tends to upgrade fave films when the extras are better - i.e. Friday the 13th/ A Nightmare on Elm Street/ Escape from New York/ A Clockwork Orange et al)
Old 9th May 2010, 10:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Two things:

1) Who told you it was The Beyond?

2) If it's a title you already have but there's excess of unique extra features is that not a good reason to upgrade? (I say this as someone who tends to upgrade fave films when the extras are better - i.e. Friday the 13th/ A Nightmare on Elm Street/ Escape from New York/ A Clockwork Orange et al)
I saw it mentioned to someone on Twitter by CultLabs

And I really dont have money to double dip so only time I have done before is my all time fav movie Terminator 2 and I will be double dipping on the upcoming Blurays of Jurassic Park and Aliens. If this was a blu-ray release I would buy it for sure.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th May 2010, 10:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
I saw it mentioned to someone on Twitter by CultLabs

And I really dont have money to double dip so only time I have done before is my all time fav movie Terminator 2 and I will be double dipping on the upcoming Blurays of Jurassic Park and Aliens. If this was a blu-ray release I would buy it for sure.
Ah, okay, ball's out of the court then (it's also mentioned in the new DVD WORLD). However, there's gonna be some stuff on this that should make it worthwhile for Fulci fans that already own it.
Old 9th May 2010, 10:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Looks like the cat is out of the bag
Old 9th May 2010, 10:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

How/why did it end up on Twitter first?
Old 9th May 2010, 10:36 PM
Active Cultist

For THE BEYOND, substantial new extras would be important (I didn't get the Grindhouse disc because I heard it was the same transfer as the Anchor Bay release and the only new extras were a short intro and a 20+ minute set of interviews) but a new transfer would be the clincher (I don't think an HD master currently exists for the film).

Like this? Share it using the links below!