Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2010, 11:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
I personally LOVE that 'skeleton' cover.
I really hope arrow choose to make that as a cover. It's phenomenal.
Old 30th April 2010, 12:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

anyone know if it has been submitted to the BBFC yet?

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 30th April 2010, 12:16 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

As I see absolutely no sane reason why Inferno should be cut, all this doubt filled talk concerns me greatly. As I all ready have a pointlessly mutilated print on Laserdisc, I am afraid I may just buy the Blue Underground release.

Sorry Arrow.
Old 30th April 2010, 01:01 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I've not watched Inferno in a while - just how integral is the cat/mouse scene? That is to say, is it somehow important symbolically or just a random thing? I may have to dig out my old AB DVD and have a look...
Old 30th April 2010, 09:28 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've not watched Inferno in a while - just how integral is the cat/mouse scene? That is to say, is it somehow important symbolically or just a random thing? I may have to dig out my old AB DVD and have a look...
Well to me it always added greatly to the encroaching delirium of the finale. I suppose it isn't absolutely integral, but that isn't our decision nor should it be the decision of the BBFC.

Personally, I think both scenes add to the film.
Old 30th April 2010, 10:29 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The BBFC don't cut out of choice. Only if they're required to by law. They'll do all they can to pass it uncut, rather than snip away at random (a la Ferman).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've not watched Inferno in a while - just how integral is the cat/mouse scene?
Screenshots on WWDVD in the Reference Forum.
Old 30th April 2010, 11:55 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The BBFC don't cut out of choice. Only if they're required to by law. They'll do all they can to pass it uncut, rather than snip away at random (a la Ferman).
True, good point. It's time the laws were amended then...and the BBFC abolished as a censoring body. They may have "improved" a lot since Ferman, but they are still a pointless waste of time. Classify by all means but there should be no censorship board...but that's just personal soap-boxing!

If the law requires that Inferno be cut then the law is an ass and it is time that a system for the release of Unrated films be set up.
Old 1st May 2010, 12:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
For other covers, I'd like to see...
Whereas the vintage 'semi skull' cover is fine by me i do prefer the Japanese design. Much more to it imo.

I have no problems with the actual quality of Rick's Inferno artwork. But i can understand those members here who have expressed their disappointment with this illustration. Fair enough, the design in question is a fantastical reference to the infamous 'underwater room' scene. But like many others before me i also feel this sleeve doesn't really reflect Inferno as the 'beautifully shot but never mind the plot.' gem it is.

To be honest, i'm also not too fussed on the film's title lettering too and consider the traditional font of the 'semi skull' artwork to be much more acceptable imo.

These words aren't so much a criticism as an observation and i still await this version of Inferno with baited breath!
Old 1st May 2010, 07:53 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Whereas the vintage 'semi skull' cover is fine by me i do prefer the Japanese design. Much more to it imo.
And besides,with that last few Arrow releases,it just wouldn't feel right without some artwork from the far east
Old 1st May 2010, 08:09 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Moved the last few pages of posts over to the censorship forum guys.Was getting a bit cluttered on here.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!