Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th September 2010, 07:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

THE BEYOND is gonna be worth the wait!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th September 2010, 07:44 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
We're hard at work on The Beyond's many extra features just now. Our hand in date is early October. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this - we've got hours of goodies planned and a new audio commentary!
It may be too late, any maybe not possible full stop, but I reviewed a DVD titled 'Paura: Lucio Fulci Remembered' a couple of years ago for DVDVerdict. The director, Mike Baronas, basically met up with around 90 of Fulci's collaborators/peers, who all spoke of their memories of working with him. At 85-minutes, it would make an excellent addition to a future Fulci release by Arrow.
Old 20th September 2010, 07:47 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivalNeo View Post
It may be too late, any maybe not possible full stop, but I reviewed a DVD titled 'Paura: Lucio Fulci Remembered' a couple of years ago for DVDVerdict. The director, Mike Baronas, basically met up with around 90 of Fulci's collaborators/peers, who all spoke of their memories of working with him. At 85-minutes, it would make an excellent addition to a future Fulci release by Arrow.
I have this on DVD - pretty decent title.
Old 20th September 2010, 09:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I have this on DVD - pretty decent title.
Yeah, as I recall it had a very limited release (something like 2500 units), so being brought back in a Fulci special edition would make sense, if it's viable.
Old 20th September 2010, 11:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye View Post
I actually quite like the idea of Blu/DVD combos.

I'm fairly new to Blu (yeah, that rhymes ), and not every room I watch films in is currently set-up with a Blu-Ray player.

The living room and the spare room / media room are Blu friendly, but the bedroom is not.

You hit the spot...

My bedroom is Blu fiendly, but the rest of my house is not.
Even my summer house is only DVD friendly.
Old 21st September 2010, 12:23 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
But when the prices on the larger HDTVs drop and they pick up a 46" tv they'll notice how bad the dvds look. Although they'll probably just blame the TV
That is true. Once I upgraded my tv I couldn't believe how crappy the dvd's looked on it. I guess I just don't like the combo packs as I feel like they're a gimmick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
We're hard at work on The Beyond's many extra features just now. Our hand in date is early October. Hopefully you'll all enjoy this - we've got hours of goodies planned and a new audio commentary!
Sounds awesome. I can't wait for this release
Old 21st September 2010, 09:20 AM
Cultist

Default Excellent Review of something I'd never heard of before...

DVD Verdict Review - Paura: Lucio Fulci Remembered, Volume 1

Paul,
Thank you very much for bringing this doco to our attention here!
I could not agree more with everything you've said in that review!
Especially about your own personal experiences which mirror mine exactly

Calum,

If too late for The Beyond maybe you'll have time to get hold of it for Zombie Flesh Eaters

This might be of help & interest! Paura Producations

DVD PAURA - LUCIO FULCI REMEMBERED VOL. 1 DVD [SIGNED LIMITED EDITION] Selling at $40

thexperiment podcasts
Old 21st September 2010, 11:13 AM
Cultist

Yes, that documentary sure would be an interesting addition to the BD. I see it have impressively 3 hours and 45 minutes of footage!. I think it would be nice to see it on The Beyond BD or a other Lucio Fulci film.
Old 21st September 2010, 11:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
DVD Verdict Review - Paura: Lucio Fulci Remembered, Volume 1

Paul,
Thank you very much for bringing this doco to our attention here!
I could not agree more with everything you've said in that review!
Especially about your own personal experiences which mirror mine exactly

Calum,

If too late for The Beyond maybe you'll have time to get hold of it for Zombie Flesh Eaters

This might be of help & interest! Paura Producations

DVD PAURA - LUCIO FULCI REMEMBERED VOL. 1 DVD [SIGNED LIMITED EDITION] Selling at $40
Hey - we're good friends of Mike Baronas at High Rising and he's been indispensable in the making of COTLD (he's the reason we got Carlo DeMejo) and The Beyond (obtaining two interviewees for us). So, trust us, we know about Mike and his Paura release. It would be up to Mike, and Arrow, if it appeared on one of their releases tho!
Old 21st September 2010, 02:35 PM
Cultist

I remember really enjoying the press booklet that I picked up at the Grindhouse theatrical release in 1997, I think I still have it somewhere, I wonder if that stuff could appear somehow.

Twitch - We Know Stuff
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!