All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
I think it's really cool as well - how many other companies give a choice of 3 old and 1 new artwork cover???? There is just nothing to moan about here

sounds of tumbleweed....
There is. Just because they give the option it doesn't mean they can't be criticised. Sure, some of the comments were appaling but not all of them. If people are going get keep getting annoyed when someone doesn't like something then whats the point of having the forum?

Last edited by Pete; 22nd September 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:09 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
I know, same here!

Does anyone actually know when we can expect to see Rick's work?
Soon hopefully - I need him to do a couple of tweaks and then the titling needs to go in but I think it's a great image.
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Soon hopefully - I need him to do a couple of tweaks and then the titling needs to go in but I think it's a great image.
Sounds good. Can't wait to see it. Good to know it's basically done.
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:52 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Old 22nd September 2010, 01:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Where's the semi-clad lady?

In all honesty though, I think Rick will pull it out the bag with this one, there' so much he has to work with.

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 22nd September 2010, 01:58 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
There is. Just because they give the option it doesn't mean they can't be criticised. Sure, some of the comments were appaling but not all of them. If people are going get keep getting annoyed when someone doesn't like something then whats the point of having the forum?
Its the appaling ones that I think we all have an issue with. As you say there's a difference between not liking something and fairly nasty personal attacks.

You're really Rick aren't you Inspector?
No don't deny it we won't believe you

thexperiment podcasts
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
There's a difference between not liking something and fairly nasty personal attacks don't you think?

You're really Rick aren't you Inspector?
No don't deny it we won't believe you
Yes, there is but there was only one or two posts like that, but the way people have been going on you'd think ALL of the comments were personal attacks.
Old 22nd September 2010, 02:18 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Covers are there to sell and generally the most reviled have sold best - once Shameless toned down and started doing respectful sleeves for giallos the sales went down plenty.

The more copies sold the more likely we all get more films with more extras etc and more sleeve options to play with - Demons is going to have 5 and there's the potential of even more for an upcoming release.

I don't recall being confused or disappointed when I watched Death Ship and discovered there is no great big mouth on the tub but that remains one of my favourite sleeves and it keeps getting ripped off - look at Nazi Dawn that has just come out.

Back to the topic of The Beyond I think it's shaping up nicely.
Old 22nd September 2010, 06:58 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
don't recall being confused or disappointed when I watched Death Ship and discovered there is no great big mouth on the tub but that remains one of my favourite sleeves and it keeps getting ripped off
I love that cover too - that's why I bought it film unseen.

Now I'm not saying I like all the artwork in this and other threads they serve a purpose that some of the most vociferous posters seem to have forgotten - their main purpose is to stand out on the shelf and this they do very well.

As for the arguement of " it does not represent the film " well you have the option of using one that does once you have bought it.

Personally I think the Inferno one that so many hated actually represents the film more than the original Fox VHS cover - and I think more people will buy it than would have bought it with the Fox cover.
Old 22nd September 2010, 10:35 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm gonna hedge a bet that The Beyond will see Rick's take on the melted guy at the beginining of the film....

Anyone want to take that bet?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!