Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2011, 06:16 AM
Cultist

That's a shame, but I guess 4 weeks isn't that long.
Old 4th February 2011, 08:00 AM
Cultist

This delay now gives Arrow time to put the German Colour opening on the Blu-Ray in HD with seamless branching rather than on the dvd in standard definition.

Easy to do because it if there's problems with the commentary track on the BR that means the BR has not been authored yet so still easily time to do it properly

thexperiment podcasts
Old 4th February 2011, 11:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Very disappointing. March is an extremely busy month for me in terms of buying. Unless a fair amount of the planned March releases slip, I'll undoubtedly have to cut a few pre-orders
Old 5th February 2011, 02:45 AM
Cultist in Training

I don't mind delays, just as long as I know as to why the delay is happening.
Old 5th February 2011, 03:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
This delay now gives Arrow time to put the German Colour opening on the Blu-Ray in HD with seamless branching rather than on the dvd in standard definition.
A very cool copyright infrigment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
Easy to do because it if there's problems with the commentary track on the BR that means the BR has not been authored yet so still easily time to do it properly
You talk BR but right term is BD.
There´s no technical problem with the commentary on the BD or the DVD.
There´s just a problem clearing the rights to the commentary track, what´s that got to do with the disc not been authored?

If we´re talking the main disc don´t you think this is the first to be done?

With a little more than a month for the release date don´t you think is a close for Arrow not to have the disc already ready?
I mean, we´re talking the actual printing of the discs, etc.

If this was delayed because of a right issue, that means if there was no issue the movie would be out on the correct date.

Last edited by springjack; 5th February 2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 5th February 2011, 06:00 PM
Active Cultist

delays shmelays, you guys take all the time you need to create the best version possible.
Old 7th February 2011, 03:31 AM
Active Cultist

I'm with Rhodes on this one.
The german colour opening would of course be a cool extra, though.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

A delay to ensure a perfect package is fine by me.

I've noticed that a lot of the online stores are still showing this as being released on 14th February, though.

I'm guessing notifications have been sent by Arrow, and am expecting Amazon to e-mail me any day now to let me know of the delay. Let's hope the online stores update their release date info soon, if not only to prevent non-forum buyers from being very disappointed on Valentine's Day - and not because they don't have a date.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
I'm with Rhodes on this one.
The german colour opening would of course be a cool extra, though.
It is a cool extra, I've seen the colour pre-credits sequence on the Grindhouse DVD and I much prefer it to the sepia tone one.It works much better imo, as you can savour all Giannetto De Rossi's gory FX work in it's full colour glory.
Old 8th February 2011, 05:36 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
It is a cool extra, I've seen the colour pre-credits sequence on the Grindhouse DVD and I much prefer it to the sepia tone one.It works much better imo, as you can savour all Giannetto De Rossi's gory FX work in it's full colour glory.
and that's exactly why it needs to be in 1080p with seamless branching on the BluRay Disc...

I like both but it's nice to have the choice and isn't that the whole point of seamless branching which makes it a piece of cake to do

thexperiment podcasts
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!