Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: THE BEYOND-WHICH FORMAT?
BLU RAY AND DVD PLEASE! 153 55.43%
BLU RAY ONLY PLEASE 109 39.49%
DVD ONLY PLEASE 12 4.35%
NEITHER,I'D RATHER WATCH THE CAGE REMAKE OF THE WICKER MAN! 2 0.72%
Voters: 276. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th June 2010, 04:02 PM
Cultist

I agree with you there, however i'm hoping that the reputation of this fulci classic among newer fans of the genre will go beyond the fact that this was once tangled up in the ridiculous era of the video nasties farce, if anything an embarrasing time fueled by over zealious newspaper reports of the breakdown of society if such products were available to the normal joe on the street, and of course the ridiculous decisions forwarded by James Ferman. However times have changed and i think with THE BEYOND this is a title that has survived the years and is still talked about by fans old and new, Fulci is enjoying a revival of his films and i think THE BEYOND along with ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS are among the titles at the top of the list, whatever the outcome is, Blu or dvd i will purchase this title on the strength that it it a great film
Old 30th June 2010, 12:09 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I justnoticed recently that i've lost my one and only dvd of The Beyond. Before I rush out and buy the Beyond Terror release on Friday will ARROW be releasing The Beyond in any form soon.?
I really need this film for my collection but would wait if ARROW were gonna release this for sure in some form.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:15 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I voted Blu only but ment Blu & DVD as I need both .
Old 30th June 2010, 05:31 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Good question - I'll put that to them but in essence you don't get much change from £10k investment on doing a restoration and then you've not even started paying for the other elements, authoring, design, marketing, manufacturing, sales work etc.
Is a new transfer really needed? Supposedly the one that Grindhouse/Box Office Spectaculars/AB released was an HD transfer. Of course, it is an older one and newer/fresher transfer c/should be struck (I think the technology has probably improved enough to warrant it, personally). Just wondering is all.
Old 30th June 2010, 12:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy666 View Post
I agree with you there, however i'm hoping that the reputation of this fulci classic among newer fans of the genre will go beyond the fact that this was once tangled up in the ridiculous era of the video nasties farce, if anything an embarrasing time fueled by over zealious newspaper reports of the breakdown of society if such products were available to the normal joe on the street, and of course the ridiculous decisions forwarded by James Ferman.
Totally agree mate. There was no "genre" of nasties and the films themselves belong to different periods and trends. The sooner we can forget a great film like The Beyond was once lumped together with such incompetence as Don't Go In the Woods or Cannibal Ferox the better.
Old 30th June 2010, 02:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
As an aside anyone who enters the newsagents this month may want to pick up top indie fashion mag DAZED AND CONFUSED, which has a piece on Fulci written by myself. I loved DAZED and hope I've done the old boy justice. It's not the most likely junket for a piece on the director but being that it is, perhaps, the coolest mag on the planet it is certainly a very worthy (and pleasantly unexpected) one!
Imagine my surprise to find a 4 article about Fulci in D&C written by Calum! Good work
Old 30th June 2010, 03:39 PM
Cultist in Training

I wish we lived in a world were everything came out on blu
Old 30th June 2010, 04:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Imagine my surprise to find a 4 article about Fulci in D&C written by Calum! Good work
Thanks mate!! Getting Fulci in such a high class fashion mag might be one of the highlights of my career!
Old 5th July 2010, 11:32 PM
Cultist in Training

Voting is nice but I think that you will have better survey of people's willingness to buy blu-ray discs if you put pre-order for 1st of January 2011 with attractive price of 9.52 x 1.175 = £11.16 , as for Tenebrae. I would never cancel my order for Tenebrae because Amazon was not able to ship it on expected date.
Old 9th July 2010, 11:45 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
And with a whole new generation not even knowing what a video nasty is it is a risky time for these old horror flicks! Ten years ago I bet this woulda sold like hot cakes!
Well thats a shock i would tought after the pg 13 remake trash that hollywood is throwing people would wanna see some of the film made by REAL filmmakers and while i like Eli Roth, Rob zombie, Robert Rodriguez, Pascal Laugier they are no John Carpenter, John Landis, Don Coscarelli, Dario Argento, George A Romero, Luico Fulci an i would take an old horror film with some real shessy dialogue, chessy acting and real make up fx over cg blood, cg creature, predictable plot, terrible acting from the cast of either smallville, supernatural, The OC, 90210, gossip girl or whatever piece of garbage that is airing on the CW
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!