All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2010, 07:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertzombie View Post
DVD Compare's Tenebrae entry speeks of a few uncut versions of the film missing a couple of seconds here and there. Will this apply to the Arrow release? Has it even been passed uncut yet?
Tenebrae was passed uncut yonks ago for its original Anchor Bay release. No company is going to blow money re-submitting any version again over just two or three seconds of chat (i.e. the BBFC wouldn't care less methinks).
Old 27th June 2010, 10:42 AM
Cultist

I for one will not be missing those few seconds if they won't be included in the Arrow release.
Old 27th June 2010, 02:19 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nika View Post
I for one will not be missing those few seconds if they won't be included in the Arrow release.
Then there are many, many versions out there that you can enjoy right now that are incomplete. Most of us are still looking for complete copies of Tenebrae for our collections. I hope that Arrow continues and tries to get every piece of footage they can, no matter how trivial. It meant something to Dario when he cut the picture originally. The butchering of Argento must stop.
Old 27th June 2010, 02:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

i really hope for quality over content ... especially on the BD. I hope this will be the definative edition! I can't keep buying copies of a movie for the odd couple of seconds of dialogue here and there. As long as the gore is intact, and it is a pristine print with terrific sound ... I am more than happy!

Old 27th June 2010, 03:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
The butchering of Argento must stop.
Taken as an example from the DVD Compare site:

-1:02:41 - This shot is when Peter is hit by the stone, and Johnny helps him up and runs, then the camera moves showing the trees (all versions).
-1:02:43 - The camera lingering on the trees slightly longer - about 2 secs (missing). (2)

This sort of thing does not warrant the term "butchering." I don't know about others but I could care less about two seconds more of trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargento View Post
As long as the gore is intact, and it is a pristine print with terrific sound ... I am more than happy!
Agreed.
Old 28th June 2010, 04:17 PM
Cultist

Same here, i'm actually looking forward to this release as Tenebrae is a personal fave of mine and at the moment i don't own this so will wait for Arrow to release what should be the best version
Old 28th June 2010, 06:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Taken as an example from the DVD Compare site:

-1:02:41 - This shot is when Peter is hit by the stone, and Johnny helps him up and runs, then the camera moves showing the trees (all versions).
-1:02:43 - The camera lingering on the trees slightly longer - about 2 secs (missing). (2)

This sort of thing does not warrant the term "butchering." I don't know about others but I could care less about two seconds more of trees.
The full list of cuts from dvd compare...

25:21 - Peter asks Ann to stay for a drink. She says "one" (all versions).
-25:23 - Then Ann walks to the sideboard and puts down her books (missing). (1)

-1:05:55 - This is the middle of the flashback scenes (all versions).
-1:05:57 - The killer stabs once... (all versions).
-1:05:58 - ...And then the killer stabs again (missing). (3)

-1:06:10 - This shot shows sunlight through window when Daria Nicolodi's character wakes up right after the flashback sequence (missing). (4)

-1:06:20 - Ann calls out 'Peter, Peter' and then she looks back down (missing). (5)

-1:14:08 - Jane takes the second shoe out of the box (missing). (6)

-1:14:09 - Jane then turns around (missing). (7)

-1:14:13 - Bulmer waits for Jane in the piazza, looking at his watch (missing). (8)
Old 29th June 2010, 04:16 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Let's not start another debate about missing seconds/cuts etc until we know what is going to happen - the materials aren't even in the UK yet so this is all unknown until further notice - and I'll alert y'all to that!
Old 29th June 2010, 04:56 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Let's not start another debate about missing seconds/cuts etc until we know what is going to happen - the materials aren't even in the UK yet so this is all unknown until further notice - and I'll alert y'all to that!

I totally agree Almar. I merely put the dvdcompare list up for illustration.

I can't wait for this and Inferno's release and already have my orders in.
Old 29th June 2010, 06:37 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Tenebrae rocks!

It's got bravura camerawork,extreme violence,classy birds and an astounding score!
Perfect!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!