Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2010, 05:32 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Therefore... Deep Red will now be passed fully uncut!
Amazing news! Another fine Arrow Blu-ray going into my 'cart'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyofcrack View Post
Almar, is there an explanation as to why the corpse was removed from the background and bloody wall? The title could easily have fit over top. Either way, Rick's best of the Argento's.
Seconded. I prefer the version with the corpse. It's just a minor nitpick though, both versions look great.
Old 14th October 2010, 05:55 AM
Cultist

What release date?? Must know!
Old 14th October 2010, 08:31 AM
Cult Rookie

Are we any nearer confirming that this will come out on Blu-ray Disc, or what the issues are with a BD release (can't find a reply to my earlier question)?

Steve W
Old 14th October 2010, 10:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd1955 View Post
Well its great that its uncut and all that ... But quite frankly that so called longer cut was thrown together by Anchor Bay and completely ruins the flow of the film ... The original Deep Red cut or the REAL Profondo Rosso which just has the earlier music scene with Hemmings are perfect ... But not all the re placed undubbed material that was taken out of the film for pacing reasons ... Namely IT RUINED IT ... It is not The Italian Cut ... Its an Anchor Bay botch job
If the original cuts aren't going to be on this Blu then I can wait for one that has them
I've not seen the anchor bay cut of the film, but it's a similar running time to the Redemption VHS - surely it can't be that different??? The print used on the Redemption video tape is the only one I've seen.
Old 14th October 2010, 10:47 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyd1955 View Post
Well its great that its uncut and all that ... But quite frankly that so called longer cut was thrown together by Anchor Bay and completely ruins the flow of the film ... The original Deep Red cut or the REAL Profondo Rosso which just has the earlier music scene with Hemmings are perfect ... But not all the re placed undubbed material that was taken out of the film for pacing reasons ... Namely IT RUINED IT ... It is not The Italian Cut ... Its an Anchor Bay botch job
If the original cuts aren't going to be on this Blu then I can wait for one that has them
There's really no pleasing some people.
Perhaps Arrow can put a shorter version option with this release.
Old 14th October 2010, 11:32 AM
Cultist in Training

My only real gripe with the Anchor Bay release was that they freeze framed the final shot just as the end credits rolled.
Old 14th October 2010, 01:43 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Deep Red will be Blu as well as DVD and as for how it will all work in terms of what's on there - well that's still being worked on so more details will follow - it's another scary title in that expectations will be very high and therefore everything possible that can be done right is being done.
Old 14th October 2010, 01:47 PM
Cult Rookie

Not only is it good news that DEEP RED will be released uncut, it's good news to have confirmation that the lizard WASN'T killed in such an appalling manner just for the sake of a film. It's one of my favourite Argento's, but that single shot tainted the entire production for me, not least because it seemed so completely unnecessary (the child's sadistic streak could have been demonstrated in a thousand other ways). Now that it's confirmed the whole thing was a trick, the taint is removed, and DEEP RED is restored to 'full' classic status. For me, at least.

Good luck on the upcoming home video release.
Old 14th October 2010, 03:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Great job Arrow!

Deep Red is my favorite Argento film, this looks like it's going to be a fantastic release. I wish we'd get comprehensive, pimped out, SE's like this.
Old 14th October 2010, 04:37 PM
Cult Rookie

Brilliant news! My favourite Argento after Suspiria getting the full uncut HD treatment. Well done to all at Arrow for making it happen.

Like this? Share it using the links below!