Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Arrow Video - Battle Royale - The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/3309-arrow-video-battle-royale-archive-conversation.html)

nekromantik 23rd July 2010 12:32 PM

wow!
october gonna be a killer month.
I will need to wait untill xmas for all these arrow goodies :(

Justin101 23rd July 2010 01:07 PM

I saw the regular version of this the other day in HMV and was wondering if there would be a lovely special edition - this is indeed good news and one I wouldn't mind owning twice :D

Funktion 23rd July 2010 01:34 PM

Here's hoping the BD release includes both cuts, and maybe the cool extras that were included on past releases. :)

mr. brightside 23rd July 2010 07:44 PM

Mrs Brightside is getting rather miffed with my up-to-date reports on more Arrow must-have releases.
She says will you stop it, please?

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd July 2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustinDrome (Post 93608)
Wow, did not see this coming! Awesome news Arrow and the Blu-ray just sweetens the deal.

Although, will this be region free?

All the Arrow BD's so far have been region free, this should be too.

Funktion 23rd July 2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevoj (Post 93738)
All the Arrow BD's so far have been region free, this should be too.

Don't be too sure: most Japanese studios demand their licensed properties to be region-locked. Other labels, whose releases are whenever possible region-free, had to lock their releases of Japanese films (for example Eureka's Masters of Cinema sub-label).

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd July 2010 08:41 PM

I'm not sure. Guess we'll just need to wait until Arrow give out more info. :)

Splatterdragon73 24th July 2010 12:40 PM

I really enjoyed BR and despite already owning Tartan's old steel tin edition and subsequent double disc set, Arrow's updated SD and HD releases will be another must-buy for me.

With such an impressive array of DVD and BR titles lined up this company is draining my bank account dry! But the expenditure is worth it!

However, i'm sure only a few weeks back i saw an Arrow DVD of BR for sale in HMV with only a trailer as an extra. This copy was the same that was advertised in a previous issue of DVD And Blu-Ray World.:)

P-Mac 24th July 2010 01:51 PM

It's a great film. The Tartan 2-Disc DVD's extras apparently repeated a lot of stuff, so it would be amazing to have a nice package with lots of goodies.

the blob 24th July 2010 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funktion (Post 93739)
Don't be too sure: most Japanese studios demand their licensed properties to be region-locked. Other labels, whose releases are whenever possible region-free, had to lock their releases of Japanese films (for example Eureka's Masters of Cinema sub-label).

I think all the old Tartan dvd's were region free, including their weird decision for an NTSC one so hopefully they're not too strict with Battle Royale.