Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Steel76

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th August 2010, 03:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Roger Corman Collection

Is it possible for Arrow to get the rights to the Roger Corman collection that Shout are releasing in the US. All their blu rays are region locked so would be a good idea for Region B users to get their hands on some of these nice releases too:

Death Race 2000
Galaxy of Terror
Pirahana
Humanoids from the Deep
Rock n Roll High School.

The transfers and extras have already been done so I guess that makes the work a little easier just a case of nabbing the UK rights.

Pretty please
Old 19th August 2010, 06:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Is it possible for Arrow to get the rights to the Roger Corman collection that Shout are releasing in the US. All their blu rays are region locked so would be a good idea for Region B users to get their hands on some of these nice releases too:

Death Race 2000
Galaxy of Terror
Pirahana
Humanoids from the Deep
Rock n Roll High School.

The transfers and extras have already been done so I guess that makes the work a little easier just a case of nabbing the UK rights.
And they all are top transfers...

I have them all on DVD and BLU... and all the pre-order made until the end of the year. This should be a grat deal for Arrow but I saw that another company in the UK are releasing some Corman titles in old transfers so I don´t know about Arrow getting the rights.
Old 21st August 2010, 09:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Yeah they look AMAZING on BD (the DVD:s also look great).

Since my region B Blu-Ray player can´t be region hacked with a ICOS chip, I went another way and got myself a BD burner for my HTPC to run those region A discs on.

The transfers and extras on "Forbidden", "Humanoids", "Galaxy" and "Piranha" are to DIE for. Defiinitely my favorite discs in my entire DVD/BD collection

Shout Factory is today what Anchor Bay and Blue-Underground was in it´s prime during the first half of the last decade.

And it´s too bad that many unable of playing back region A will miss these fantastic BD:s
So Arrow would have been the PERFECT label to release them over here in europe if that other company didn´t own the rights. The UK DVD:s look like VHS in comparision, with their old fullscreen masters
Old 21st August 2010, 12:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Who owns the rights in the UK. Surely Arrow could do some sort of deal??

It's so annoying when you have decent companies like Arrow who want to do right by the fans and put the best releases out there but are hampered by rights issues. And then you have a company with the rights and they just release sub standard versions.

I really hope someone releases these films on blu ray in the UK in the same editions.
Old 21st August 2010, 01:12 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The problem is, Nouveaux have been releasing some of the RC films on dvd in the UK this year.Some of the titles mentioned here could be on their slate for release.
Old 21st August 2010, 02:51 PM
Cultist

Competition

Thats a shame because i would love to own decent releases of these, been after Humanoids / Piranha / Galaxy of terror for ages & i'll not hand over cash for sub-standard releases when there are good transfers out there, they would have made great additions to the Arrow catalogue, here's hoping though
Old 21st August 2010, 02:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

If you don´t have a Blu-Ray with region A playback, but have a region free DVD player, I would TRULY recommend the DVD editions from Shout.
Criterion7 likes this.
Old 12th April 2012, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I prefer the DVD versions myself. Shout locks there blu rays huh? I hate when companies do that. In a time of online ordering and globalization let's leave the new format region free.
Old 12th April 2012, 07:11 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
If you don´t have a Blu-Ray with region A playback, but have a region free DVD player, I would TRULY recommend the DVD editions from Shout.
100% correct.
Some of the finest dvds out there.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!