LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st December 2010, 08:44 AM
Cultist

Hm..hope the BD will be a lot better!
Old 1st December 2010, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I agree, not Arrows best BD.
Not sure if I should cancel my order now.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st December 2010, 10:27 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I agree, not Arrows best BD.
Not sure if I should cancel my order now.
Eh... I'm a bit stunned people writing off a title before seeing it themselves. Deep Red is not the kind of film where there are amazing quality elements to play with but the work done on it has been pretty obsessive - hence the delays.
Old 1st December 2010, 10:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Eh... I'm a bit stunned people writing off a title before seeing it themselves. Deep Red is not the kind of film where there are amazing quality elements to play with but the work done on it has been pretty obsessive - hence the delays.
I am not totally writing it off nor am I saying its bad work. Just at the moment I dont have the money to spend on blu's so if the AB US DVD looks a bit better and review says it has more detail then I will hold off or get the dvd version. If I had no money issues I would get the Blu for sure. I love arrow!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st December 2010, 10:55 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I am not totally writing it off nor am I saying its bad work. Just at the moment I dont have the money to spend on blu's so if the AB US DVD looks a bit better and review says it has more detail then I will hold off or get the dvd version. If I had no money issues I would get the Blu for sure. I love arrow!
I quite understand - all I'm saying is it's a tough film and I'd like people to hang on just a little longer for more reviews and people who actually have the discs and have watched them in their home so we can get a spread of opinion - this reliance on screenshots determining everything isn't fair - they're part of the process but by no means the full story. All that said - people should be happy with what they spend their money on but DR is a very difficult film in terms of good materials and I worry people are going to miss out on watching a great film. If I'd applied exacting standards to the broadcasts and tapes I had to watch over the years I'd not have seen much.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Nekro,

It's only the Arrow dvd version that has been currently reviewed on Beaver - not the Blu.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:12 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Nekro,

It's only the Arrow dvd version that has been currently reviewed on Beaver - not the Blu.
Good point! I was getting ahead of myself! I'm so used to the talk mainly being about Blu-rays these days.
Old 1st December 2010, 11:15 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
I quite understand - all I'm saying is it's a tough film and I'd like people to hang on just a little longer for more reviews and people who actually have the discs and have watched them in their home so we can get a spread of opinion - this reliance on screenshots determining everything isn't fair - they're part of the process but by no means the full story. All that said - people should be happy with what they spend their money on but DR is a very difficult film in terms of good materials and I worry people are going to miss out on watching a great film. If I'd applied exacting standards to the broadcasts and tapes I had to watch over the years I'd not have seen much.
I understand. I not said I will cancel my order as I still got it on order at Amazon. Of course I will wait for more reviews but Nemesis pointed out its the dvd review and not blu so I was wrong. My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Nekro,

oh really?
well that changes my previous views then ha ha
my bad

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st December 2010, 11:23 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Let's put it this way - we're all learning something - my point is I just don't want screengrabs to determine everything - case closed as it were. Let's see what reactions come out as the weeks go on.

Phew!
Old 1st December 2010, 11:35 AM
Cultist

That is the dvd not the BD!

Like this? Share it using the links below!