Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th January 2011, 09:04 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Mac View Post
It's now out of stock on HMV .
This was why the above online retailer took a tad longer to send out my own two copies of the DR DVD. However, i'm happy to report both the relevant SD releases arrived fine yesterday. So that's another Arrow title off my mind and i do hope those other members here pining for a copy of Argento's textbook Giallo get their chance a.s.a.p.

I generally don't mind waiting a bit past the street date for my pre-orders as long as they come with no loose discs inside. I hate it when that happens!

Next up, The Beyond and Vamp!
Old 15th January 2011, 12:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I generally don't mind waiting a bit past the street date for my pre-orders as long as they come with no loose discs inside. I hate it when that happens!
I think you will not have that problem with Arrow, with all the stuff they put inside the cases (booklet, poster,cards) there´s no space for the discs to get loose.
Old 16th January 2011, 09:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Good call and you may well be right. All the paper-based extras housed in the DVD case would indeed provide further security against the discs coming loose.
Old 31st January 2011, 09:01 AM
Active Cultist

I have just ordered this I can't wait. I love everything Arrow put out.
Old 3rd February 2011, 10:15 PM
Cultist

My copy arrived at the beginning of the week and I must say you guys really do continue to amaze me! First time I saw Deep Red was as part of The Ultimate Shockfest box set and even in it's cut form this is still an amazing film but to sit and watch it in it's 2 hour entirety was such a treat! Great job once again on all the extras, loved the trip round the Profondo Rosso shop!!!
Old 4th February 2011, 12:11 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankenstoned View Post
My copy arrived at the beginning of the week and I must say you guys really do continue to amaze me! First time I saw Deep Red was as part of The Ultimate Shockfest box set and even in it's cut form this is still an amazing film but to sit and watch it in it's 2 hour entirety was such a treat! Great job once again on all the extras, loved the trip round the Profondo Rosso shop!!!
Hello there!

I've thought about buying that boxset, but it seems EVERY movie in it is cut. Any ideas if Contamination is cut or uncut in that set? Whats in the booklet?

I echo your praise of the extras, they were all great!! The Profondo Rosso shop was cool eh?
Old 4th February 2011, 12:22 PM
Cultist

Hey Bobz,I don't think all the movies are cut however I already owned Arrow's House By The Cemetery so I've not watched that. I'm afraid Contamination has had some of the chest explosions cut but it didn't affect my viewing pleasure, it's always fun to see Ian McCulloch hamming it up! I really enjoyed Devil's Nightmare (random lesbian love scene seems to be intact), Pieces is AWESOME and doesn't seem to be cut, same goes for Slave Of The Cannibal God, Oasis Of The Zombies and Blind Dead 3. Tenebrae IS cut and as a result makes for pretty poor viewing imo, pretty sure Phenomena is cut but still a pleasure to watch and it was really cool to see Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing in action in The Satanic Rites Of Dracula, Horror Express and City Of The Dead. There is no booklet but there is an impressive large double sided poster with Horror Express on one side and Night Of The Living Dead on the other, both appear to be in Spanish. When you consider the cost amounts to £1 a film I recommend picking this up (especially if you're just starting to build a collection) as it serves as a great entry into the world of video nasty era horror...
Old 4th February 2011, 12:41 PM
Cultist

Thanks a lot for that info skanenstoned.
Overall, the set sounds better than I expected it to be, so I've just ordered the only copy I could find on the internet. (a marketplace seller on Amazon UK, had it saved on my wishlist for weeks).

Cheers!
Old 4th February 2011, 04:53 PM
Cultist

No probs Bobz, hope you enjoy it! I just recieved my Zombie Flesh Eaters box set from Zavvi (£7:85) and it's a lot better than any online reviews might have you think. (I guess it's all just a matter of personal taste) I was also pleased with the Beyond Terror release of Zombie Creeping Flesh if that's of any use to you, happy viewing!
Old 6th February 2011, 08:38 PM
Ex-member

Almar, I don't think you ever answered this question from another member regarding where the Arrow Deep Red came from:

Quote:
Do you have a 35mm print in poor condition which you fear will look poor on Blu-ray Disc as the flaws will be more evidsent, or are you trying to trace a HD master, or do you have a HD master which you're struggling to clean up?

Like this? Share it using the links below!