Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2011, 07:30 PM
Active Cultist

I have just had a bit of time to scan both versions of the movie and WOW I am very happy with my purchase!

Arrow you are a great company keep up the good work guys!
Old 26th January 2011, 09:29 PM
Active Cultist

I have just noticed that I have 2 of the same Post cards the with the FCD468/9-4 on the bottom! am I alone with this?
Old 29th January 2011, 04:32 PM
Active Cultist

This is how I display my copy

Last edited by tollickd; 29th January 2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 29th January 2011, 05:23 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Very, very nice. That's what I call devotion!
Old 29th January 2011, 05:36 PM
Active Cultist

thank you I have just got the display case and I am getting one more soon on the thrid shelf I have Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead I can post pic if people want!
Old 29th January 2011, 05:59 PM
Cultist

That looks amazing tollickd!
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:33 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Got my set today. Amazing stuff! Best blu i have!!

I got charged 8.15€ by customs. I was rather confused since it came from Jersey. I ordered one of the last copies from Play, so I figured it would be ok. I did a search and it seems Jersey is not classed as an EU state, so hence the charge. I was peeved to say the least! But still happy i got it.

Anyone else been charged by customs by ordering from Jersey?
Old 2nd February 2011, 08:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Seems to be normal,I've heard of several people having to pay custom charges with orders from Play (above a certain amount).
Jersey is not part of the EU it seems...

Btw very nice display tollickd!
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:16 AM
Cultist

Play.com, Zavvi and Asda-Entertainment are off my shopping list for good. If you are interested here's why...

I have ordered the Alien Anthology Egg edition twice now from Zavvi and Asda-Entertainment and neither have arrived. Zavvi spun me some yarn about it being sent back to them "because of a security check" so I waited another few weeks (I ordered it November 4th) and it still didn't arrive so then they said "it must be lost in the post". To get a refund, they mail you a form which you have to fill in and mail back or send a scanned copy. I only recently got my refund.

I tried again, this time from Asda-Entertainment and the same thing has happened.

There are 2 possible causes:
1) They are not actually shipping the products.
2) Irish customs think there is an actual alien in the egg.

If there was an issue with the package, customs would have mailed me so #1 is the only answer I can think of. I doubt I was unlucky enough to have both stolen.

I couldn't find any U.K-based company that would ship it to me, so I doubt I will ever get this for less than a small fortune

I also pre-ordered the limited edition of Assassins Creed: Brotherhood from Play.com (Exclusive to play.com unfortunately) and that never arrived either, so I had to pay a steep price for it on ebay (even after factoring in the inevitbale customs charges). In a way I'm glad I ordered from ebay because I knew in advance I was getting a copy that wasn't smashed or damaged. Forums were flooded with people who were very angry with Play.com who shipped their expensive, fragile editions in nothing but a plastic bag (some were lucky enough to get 1 thin sheet of bubble wrap not big enough to cover the side of the box!) and others who never got it at all. My brother in-law ordered the standard edition which never arrived either, but the dvd that was posted on the same day arrived 1 week later with customs charges.

So yea, over! .
If you are ordering anything bigger than a standard dvd, I highly recommend avoiding these companies based in tax havens such as Jersery and Guernsey. If they even send you what they say has been despatched, they will package it as cheaply as possible. If you don't receive it, you will be waiting a long time for your refund. Oh and remember to factor in the 21% customs charge if the order is worth more than £20 or so (and if you live in Ireland you will also be charged €6/7 "paper work" charge, don't know if Royal Mail does that).

Maybe this will prevent some frustration and disappointment!
Regards,
Bobby.
Old 3rd February 2011, 11:18 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobz View Post

There are 2 possible causes:
1) They are not actually shipping the products.
2) Irish customs think there is an actual alien in the egg.
I love number 2!

Like this? Share it using the links below!