Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2011, 03:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Is that a hint that Arrow are thinking of working on a Blu-ray of Zombie Flesh Eaters??
I would think Arrow would have to be pretty brave to release ZFE to Blu-ray, as I've heard it's going to be a particularly expensive title to release on the format.
Old 10th January 2011, 04:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I would think Arrow would have to be pretty brave to release ZFE to Blu-ray, as I've heard it's going to be a particularly expensive title to release on the format.
There maybe enuff in the coffers now Vamp after such great recent releases!

It would be a big seller region 0. Out of interest Almar (or anyone else) what is Arrow's best seller? BD and DVD. Would like to know out of interest.
Old 10th January 2011, 04:46 PM
Active Cultist

I went to the shop a good few years ago now. Lots of interesting bits and pieces there. It was pretty expensive then so I hate to think what it's like now with the current exchange rate. It's just a small place really but Luigi Cozzi himself was behind the counter which was pretty cool.

The museum bit is kinda random but good fun, although my wife had different feelings especially when the lights went off

Not watched that particular part on the disc but without doubt worth a visit if you are ever in Rome.
Old 10th January 2011, 05:01 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Well the shop is called Profondo Rosso which speaks for itself. Getting the story behind the shop - for those who perhaps don't know it exists (and some fans do not) seemed like a good thing to do because:

1) We were in Rome and it felt like the sort of thing *I* would want to see (as a fan) before I had the chance to visit the store and see for myself what it's like.

2) Luigi agreed to give us a tour of the museum (and, yeah, sorry if some of it was a tad dim down there - but there's not much in the way of lights in the shop's basement)

3) Not every extra featurette has to be academic - sometimes it's good to have a little fun with these things (like what we did with the Travelogue piece on Day of the Dead and like what you will see on Island of Death).

As it happens, a few folk have emailed me to tell me that - after watching the piece - they can't wait to visit Profondo Rosso. So mission accomplished: it's spread more awareness about a small part of Dario history.

If there was a shop out there called, I dunno, Zombi 2 then I'd sure as hell think it would be relevant including it on a new Blu of Zombie Flesh Eaters

(As a side note, there's a good piece about the shop in Alan Jones' Profondo Argento book so I'm clearly not the only Argento buff who thinks this deserves some reflection)
Points taken but I still would've attached a small light to the camera for the dark areas of the shoot.
Old 10th January 2011, 05:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I've watched The Exorcist about 100 times (more than that because of watching The Version You've Never Seen) with William Friedkin's introduction on so I'm used to just hitting the 'next' button as soon as the film begins which will be the case here. Either that or just go to scene selections and then you can avoid the introduction altogether.

I think a sign subtitle track (as they have with most anime series) would have been a good option but it isn't essential to know what the sign means outside the house and the ones in the school are fairly self-explanatory. I also have no problem with substituting the Italian page for an English one as this is, as has been said, fairly typical for Italian movies and blends seamlessly.
With that option you still see the intro start before you can change it to the next chapter. I tried the scene selections and the first one starts at the intro. Title 2 is the only way to completely avoid it.

Whether or not we can interpret the signs or not is not the issue. We shouldn't have to. Yes, the secretary, president and archive signs were easy but the drawings or art sign was not. Other Argento films like Stendhal even translate Roma to Rome on some discs. The point is: ALL the Italian words should be translated on an isolated track in case someone needs to know it. Hopefully, all the English inserts can be found as well.
Old 10th January 2011, 08:42 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched my Blu Ray last night and must say I was very pleased with the results.It looked fantastic.

Cracking film,cracking soundtrack.Argento's best IMO.

Roll on Tenebrae!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th January 2011, 03:46 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I'm interested in how this 'glitch' will fare on my Oppo player. My copy should be in early next week.
Got my copy today!

Yeah, the 'glitch' shows up on my Oppo, but it's only for a split second. Other than that, from what I've briefly seen so far, it looks pretty darn good. Will watch it fully once the kids have been put to bed.
Old 16th January 2011, 09:20 PM
Cult Rookie

I think this dvd was really good and the film is amazing. There are plenty of extras of interviews and the tour of the profondo rosso shop in rome that I think is worth watching. Also another good thing is that there is a theatrical verson and directors cut option but the italian audio and english audio swaping in the directors cut is anoying but thats all. However I do understand that those parts where there is no english audio wasn't recorded and dubbed.

The film is a well produce film with good gore. An interesting Giallo and good acting. Sure is one of the best horror films ever made and the second best horror film from Dario Argento.
Old 18th January 2011, 01:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Where did you hear that?

I know when BU put out the US DVD about 5 years ago (?) they did a HD master, and I think this was used as the source for the ABUK Box of the Banned release.

Could be wrong.

Steve W
Old 18th January 2011, 02:21 PM
Cult Rookie

BU are releasing ZFE on Blu ray later this year. Also Deep red is being released by them in April. Brand new transfer from the original camera negative.

Like this? Share it using the links below!