LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th February 2011, 01:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Dude View Post
So does this include the shorter version of the film as well as the longer Italian print?
The version on the disc runs at 1:55:30 and you have the option of English or Italian audio with a different subtitle track from each. Depending on what you mean by the 'shorter version' will depend on the run time so just compare that to the ones you have on DVD or have read about online.
Old 19th February 2011, 10:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The version on the disc runs at 1:55:30 and you have the option of English or Italian audio with a different subtitle track from each. Depending on what you mean by the 'shorter version' will depend on the run time so just compare that to the ones you have on DVD or have read about online.
So it's one version of the film with two different audio tracks? I'm just asking because I know the version I own doesn't have any Italian spoken scenes with subtitles and instead is English all the way through.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
So it's one version of the film with two different audio tracks? I'm just asking because I know the version I own doesn't have any Italian spoken scenes with subtitles and instead is English all the way through.
The english track presented here will have some Italian spoken scenes because it´s the longer Italian print.

The Anchor Bay version is a "Director's Version" shorter cut. This cut was made by Argento himself and the difference to the "Integral Version" longer cut is some extra dialogue scenes and a few bits of scene extensions. Those extra scenes are the ones that were never dubbed in english. I believe is about 4 or 5 minutes long.
Old 19th February 2011, 11:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
The english track presented here will have some Italian spoken scenes because it´s the longer Italian print.

The Anchor Bay version is a "Director's Version" shorter cut. This cut was made by Argento himself and the difference to the "Integral Version" longer cut is some extra dialogue scenes and a few bits of scene extensions. Those extra scenes are the ones that were never dubbed in english. I believe is about 4 or 5 minutes long.
So I take it that this edition isn't going to have that Director's Version included then?

Thanks for the info Springjack.
Old 20th February 2011, 02:02 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
So I take it that this edition isn't going to have that Director's Version included then?

Thanks for the info Springjack.
No, this version will only have the Italian one.
You don´t need the Director's Version because the Italian version has all the things that are in the Director's Version plus some scenes extensions and extra bits of dialogue.
Old 20th February 2011, 03:18 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
No, this version will only have the Italian one.
You don´t need the Director's Version because the Italian version has all the things that are in the Director's Version plus some scenes extensions and extra bits of dialogue.
Ah well it doesn't matter anyway as I have the Director's Version on dvd. I'll be picking this up for the blu.
Old 20th February 2011, 11:20 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

On the menu screen, you have the choice of watching it with Italian or English audio and with subtitles for the English version or subtitles for the Italian as they are different because of the translation from the script.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:55 AM
Cult Rookie

Has there been a delay getting this to suppliers? my pre-order still hasn't dispatched & they usually get sent out Tuesday/Wednesday prior to release date.
Old 3rd March 2011, 03:45 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just got the HMV dispatch notice
Old 3rd March 2011, 04:17 PM
Active Cultist

I just checked my pre order on play.com and it is now packing

Like this? Share it using the links below!