Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2011, 06:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Maybe the cover was produced after the initial batch?
I doubt it. My guess is that all that's out there at the moment is the initial pressing. I really can't see them doing a second batch before the first pressing is out there. There'd be no reason to do so.
Old 14th March 2011, 04:21 PM
Cultist in Training

Recieved my copy today...b&w copy that is. Right who's going to knock up a special blu ray sleeve to put the b&w version in?
Old 14th March 2011, 04:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by prawnee View Post
Recieved my copy today...b&w copy that is. Right who's going to knock up a special blu ray sleeve to put the b&w version in?
Old 14th March 2011, 05:56 PM
Cultist in Training

Bloody hell that was quick! Thanks trench I'll be having that. Now who's for panel 2?
Old 14th March 2011, 07:23 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That sleeve may be collectible as well!

Riding high in Amazon's sale charts!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th March 2011, 07:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Old 14th March 2011, 08:54 PM
Ex-member

I hope that the corrected disc does much more than change B&W into sepia.
The picture is barely dvd quality and the DTS audio is dire. The audio on the "colour pre-credits" clip on disc 2 is better

I trust this is all part of the cockup.

One wonders whether these really are review copies.
Why on earth would such junk be issued for review.

My Play.com copy is diabolical.

With Disc 2 being a dvd instead of a Bluray this release might be a turning point for Arrow - but in the wrong direction.

If my corrected disc has the same quality video and audio this may well be the last Arrow disc I'll pre-order
Old 14th March 2011, 09:17 PM
Cult Rookie

I really can't understand whats going on here , some people say its horrid quality and some give it glowing praise.
Look at post 10 on the Beyond HMV problems thread he says its awesome quality for video and audio arrows best yet !
I really am confused some people saying its VHS quality
Old 14th March 2011, 09:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbaby View Post
I really can't understand whats going on here , some people say its horrid quality and some give it glowing praise.
Look at post 10 on the Beyond HMV problems thread he says its awesome quality for video and audio arrows best yet !
From what I understand, the version available (25Gb) is a small upgrade on the existing DVD. The real HD content will be the 50Gb version.

It´s very easy for someone to praise a transfer based on anticipation.
Do note that I still haven´t received mine yet and I cannot comment on the A/V quality but the majority of the reviews stated that it´s the best the film ever looked but noted that it´s just a small upgrade of previous DVD editions, but like I said earlier, the reviews and the first batch of the retail product are just the 25Gb version.
Old 14th March 2011, 10:09 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbaby View Post
Anyone who says it is their best yet has problems with their eyesight or is viewing it on a 20 inch screen. Arrow have put out some quality Blu Rays, Battle Royale, City of the Living Dead (my fave Blu Ray). But this first pressing is a total shambles. It looks dreadful and evidently Arrow agree as much by offering the proper disc.

It doesn't look like VHS, it looks like an ugly as sin DVD transfer accidentally pressed on to Blu Ray.

Like this? Share it using the links below!