Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:26 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks very much to Nos for the information. Arrow have consistently proved that they listen to fans and correct any issues that arise to provide the best release of movies that have been badly treated in the past. Seven Doors of Death anyone?
However, I had already cancelled my pre-order and judging from the update I'm glad I did. I'll wait until the replacement disc issue dies down before I order again. Pity, I was looking forward to seeing the movie this month, but I can wait.

Now, about Zombi 2....
Old 3rd March 2011, 07:46 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollickd View Post
No large DVD company would do this, and that is why we respect Arrow and thank you for your time!

Arrow is the best!!!
Actually you're wrong there - Universal UK issued replacement discs for CHILDREN OF MEN after director Alfonso Cuarón press-ganged them into allowing those that bought the barebones release to swap them for the two disc collector's edition (which was released just three months later!).
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:57 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

I'm happy this has been sorted.

BUT, as said before it is crazy if Arrow think they can ask a customer to mail out the dodgy incorrect disk under their expense. Especially for folks living abroad (like me ). I already pay high postage prices.

Sadly I won't be buying this as I can't see myself paying extra for their mistake. It is the principle.

understand Arrow kick ass (i love them!) and do their best, and they aren't a HUGE company etc. BUT still, I disagree, they can't expect me to pay more...sorry.

Perhaps scanning/emailing a proof of purchase is enough for us poor folks outside the UK?

My two cents.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:05 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
I'm happy this has been sorted.

BUT, as said before it is crazy if Arrow think they can ask a customer to mail out the dodgy incorrect disk under their expense. Especially for folks living abroad (like me ). I already pay high postage prices.

Sadly I won't be buying this as I can't see myself paying extra for their mistake. It is the principle.

understand Arrow kick ass (i love them!) and do their best, and they aren't a HUGE company etc. BUT still, I disagree, they can't expect me to pay more...sorry.

Perhaps scanning/emailing a proof of purchase is enough for us poor folks outside the UK?

My two cents.
As I said last night:

Well I don't know many UK DVD companies listening at 11pm at night but proof of purchase will now be accepted - the details of that will need to be worked out.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
As I said last night:

Well I don't know many UK DVD companies listening at 11pm at night but proof of purchase will now be accepted - the details of that will need to be worked out.
Brilliant Almar. I didn't troll through all the posts. I'll make an order ASAP if that is the case.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:29 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
Brilliant Almar. I didn't troll through all the posts. I'll make an order ASAP if that is the case.
We'll get there somehow!
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:35 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Slightly disappointing that when this finally drops through my letter box I may have to end up sending it back . Also slightly disconcerting that had I not been following Arrow's tweets I would possibly not have even known. Looking at what went on with Martin (Amazon were still shipping out faulted copies months after), simply waiting seems no guarantee.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:36 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Slightly disappointing that when this finally drops through my letter box I may have to end up sending it back . Also slightly disconcerting that had I not been following Arrow's tweets I would possibly not have even known. Looking at what went on with Martin (Amazon were still shipping out faulted copies months after), simply waiting seems no guarantee.
But you won't have to send it back as has been confirmed.
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:37 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Fortunately, you will be able to keep the disc (who knows, you may prefer the monochrome opening!) as Arrow will accept proof of purchase in order to issue a replacement.
Old 3rd March 2011, 10:21 AM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
I'll wait until the replacement disc issue dies down before I order again. Pity, I was looking forward to seeing the movie this month, but I can wait.
I think you'll be better off just ordering it now, emailing your proof of purchase and getting your replacement disc sent.

I'm of the opinion that it will be a long time before corrected discs hit the shops, it sounds like Arrow pressed up the entire initial run using the 'B&W' master which is likely to be a hell of a lot of discs. A second pressing won't go ahead until the first pressing has been depleted so why wait when you can just order it now and have the replacement disc sent to you for no extra cost?

I'm assuming whoever gave the 'all clear' for the 'B&W' master to go to replication is being made to sit in the post room and personally hand label all the replacement discs.

Like this? Share it using the links below!