All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th March 2011, 06:42 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The disc is in the process of being checked and authored so it is too late to make any (fairly) major additions like that. As I said in an earlier post, it is a lengthy and painstaking process and one that would take even longer to include something like that.
I completely understand and agree with that but this was brought up a few times way before the disc error was discovered and therefore needed to be remastered so can you please tell us why such an obvious thing to do has been missed twice now?

As everyone on here keeps saying it's better to wait a bit longer and have it done properly...isn't it?

thexperiment podcasts
Old 24th March 2011, 07:13 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnduhast View Post
Hi Nosferatu,

As Arrow need to remaster and repress this disc, will the Colour opening be in HD with seamless branching on the new 50Gb BD?

If not there must be a valid reason why Arrow have not, could you share it with us please?
Adding a different intro to the film via seamless branching would mean the disc would have to be re-submitted to the BBFC. Which would mean more expense.

Surely you can see why that ain't going to happen?
Old 25th March 2011, 06:26 PM
Cultist in Training

Arrow said they wanted to get this title just right before releasing it re. the delays that happened. And what do they end up giving us after all this time? CRAP!! On top of that, I'm screwed re. getting a replacement disc!! That is, I don't own a scanner or a camera and even if I did I wouldn't know how to e-mail the scan or photo of my receipt to Arrow. Thanks Arrow!! !!!!
Old 25th March 2011, 06:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Awkward

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
Arrow said they wanted to get this title just right before releasing it re. the delays that happened. And what do they end up giving us after all this time? CRAP!! On top of that, I'm screwed re. getting a replacement disc!! That is, I don't own a scanner or a camera and even if I did I wouldn't know how to e-mail the scan or photo of my receipt to Arrow. Thanks Arrow!! !!!!
Did you buy it online or from a store?
Old 25th March 2011, 06:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
Adding a different intro to the film via seamless branching would mean the disc would have to be re-submitted to the BBFC. Which would mean more expense.

Surely you can see why that ain't going to happen?
Plus (and correct me if I'm wrong anyone) they'd then need to change the information on the back of the box to reflect this which would also be a pain/extra money.
Old 25th March 2011, 09:14 PM
Ex-member

I think it's clear that the original excuse given that there were a few review copies that had been mistalkenly supplied with the proper versions was a complete crock of crap.
Why not come clean and admit the cockup?

I trust that improved bit rates for the entire film aswell as a decent soundtrack are part of the improvements.

Are we looking at days or weeks before this gets sorted?
Old 25th March 2011, 09:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I believe it's been established that the intial run of discs sent out have the B&W opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25th March 2011, 10:24 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I believe it's been established that the intial run of discs sent out have the B&W opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has now - but before the release even happened this mistake was known and we were told that a few review copies got mixed in by mistake.

The cynic in me would think that was to stop the mass cancellation of orders that would have taken place had we known then what we know now.
Old 26th March 2011, 04:48 AM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
You could mail it to them.
Old 26th March 2011, 06:37 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

for anyone who for whatever reason cannot provide a receipt or email,

all I did was use the print screen feature on my keyboard and took a snap shot of my play order page which had the details.

pasted the print screen into the paint program and then attached it to an email and sent it to arrow.

worked fine for me I am now awaiting a replacement disc.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!