Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond – The Official Returns Policy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4899-beyond-%E2%80%93-official-returns-policy.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 09:03 PM

Springjack, I did check my disc but forgot to post it on here. I will check with Arrow to see if it has been rectified.

nekromantik 6th April 2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 141165)
:confused:

:lol:

I mean because it has not been said they are fixing it and since the discs are in production there is no point asking for it to get fixed now.

KRW 6th April 2011 09:12 PM

Be nice if they'd actually noticed it and we didn't have to ask.

Prince_Vajda 7th April 2011 09:32 AM

Hello everybody...

...in this forum! As this is my first post here, I'd like to start of with a short statement concerning the "The Beyond"-release.

Certainly it is an unfortunate thing with the b/w-intro and the lower quality of the Blu-ray - and it is also correct, that Arrow has had some slight problems with some of their releases. But I think it is worth stating that most of these things are what I called them - slight problems. And whenever there is a major issue - like this release - the service of Arrow seems to be far better than that of most competitors. Honestly, being allowed to keep the old copy (which is not unwatchable in the original state - it's important to keep that in mind!) and getting a new disc for free - that solves the problem perfectly, at least in my eyes.

And having to wait for it some weeks - well, watch the movie (don't forget about all that great extra stuff on the disc and the poster) with the b/w-intro and be happily watching it some time later, stating: "Whoo, it looks SO much better now!" :dance:

Greetings to all of you!

napalmbaby 7th April 2011 11:11 AM

I just think this whole release as been a complete balls up to be frank !!

I will keep my old DVD thanks and will be very aware of future arrow releases from now on.

First it was only some copies had got out to stores with the B&W opening but it turned out to be every single one of them !
Now the audio issue rearing its ugly head , what next ?

There was never ever any correct releases in the first place all were faulty !!

Sorry for the rant but it really as annoyed me this issue. :rant::rant:

Entity Appliance 7th April 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalmbaby (Post 141268)
I just think this whole release as been a complete balls up to be frank !!

I will keep my old DVD thanks and will be very aware of future arrow releases from now on.

First it was only some copies had got out to stores with the B&W opening but it turned out to be every single one of them !
Now the audio issue rearing its ugly head , what next ?

There was never ever any correct releases in the first place all were faulty !!

Sorry for the rant but it really as annoyed me this issue. :rant::rant:

An informed customer talking sense? Prepare to be :censored: my friend

Prince_Vajda 7th April 2011 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Entity Appliance (Post 141269)
An informed customer talking sense? Prepare to be :censored: my friend

I can't see an informed customer. Mr Napalm looks like somebody who just wants to blow off his steam. Everyone who reads these forums carefully will be aware of Arrow's service.

Faulty discs and releases that are not perfect - I can get them at any label; even big studios like Warner or Paramount released such things.
Great movies, uncut, in great shape and with decent artwork treatment - I only get them at Arrow's.

Everything else that needs to be said - see my comment above.

Greetings!

Almar@Cult Labs 7th April 2011 01:20 PM

People can blow off steam but all that can be said is that it's a small operation, people try their best and sometimes some thing goes wrong. Hands have been held-up the problem is being recitified, it does take time because Blu-ray production is such a lengthy process and that's the state of play.

Arrow very much want and aim to please and I know how hard they try and it's a very public process.

oaxaca 7th April 2011 01:31 PM

I don't why people come on here and slag off Arrow. They are doing a top job and ALL of there BD releases thus far have been superb, so the intro was in black and white rather than sepia/yellow and there may be a minor sound sync issue for a few seconds but COME ON, Arrow have been good enough to liase with their customers via spokespeople on this forum and have come up with a MORE than acceptable solution to the black and white intro issue. Like Prince Vajda said, even big studios/distributors put out discs with such issues and these studios NEVER talk to the fans/customers and these things never get fixed. We are lucky here in the UK to have a company like Arrow Video releasing such niche titles with never before seen/heard/imagined AV quality and long may Arrow continue.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th April 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 141283)
I don't why people come on here and slag off Arrow. They are doing a top job and ALL of there BD releases thus far have been superb, so the intro was in black and white rather than sepia/yellow and there may be a minor sound sync issue for a few seconds but COME ON, Arrow have been good enough to liase with their customers via spokespeople on this forum and have come up with a MORE than acceptable solution to the black and white intro issue. Like Prince Vajda said, even big studios/distributors put out discs with such issues and these studios NEVER talk to the fans/customers and these things never get fixed. We are lucky here in the UK to have a company like Arrow Video releasing such niche titles with never before seen/heard/imagined AV quality and long may Arrow continue.

Very well said oaxcaca. :nod: