Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   The Beyond – The Official Returns Policy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/4899-beyond-%E2%80%93-official-returns-policy.html)

hardonx 19th March 2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 136551)
There is no definitive number of how many discs with the monochrome opening are out (or will be out) in circulation but it is enough to make sure it won't be a collectable item that will fetch you a small fortune in years to come! It is probably still worth keeping for posterity and just so you can say you have one and bring out occasionally to compare against the one with the sepia opening.

Hope that helps.

You could speculate that the sepia ones will be the collecter's item seeing as you actually have to contact Arrow to get them

PaulD 19th March 2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardonx (Post 137043)
You could speculate that the sepia ones will be the collecter's item seeing as you actually have to contact Arrow to get them

I like your thinking but I'd have thought there'll be an abundance of corrected discs in the shops in a few months' time.

masdawg 19th March 2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

There is no definitive number of how many discs with the monochrome opening are out (or will be out) in circulation but it is enough to make sure it won't be a collectable item that will fetch you a small fortune in years to come! It is probably still worth keeping for posterity and just so you can say you have one and bring out occasionally to compare against the one with the sepia opening.

Hope that helps.

Yeah. I wasn't really after B&W copies for a sort-of "investment". Just, starting a bit of a Nasty collection, I thought it would be a nice little extra addition to the growing collection! :thumb:

hardonx 19th March 2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 137047)
I like your thinking but I'd have thought there'll be an abundance of corrected discs in the shops in a few months' time.

But you have to know about the return policy first & hopefully it's a select few on this site....If Arrow want to send me a version where the opening scene is green tone as a one off 'mistake' however, I'm ok with that. See ya on ebay in 5 years time!...I'm kidding, I wouldn't sell it. Copy anyone? JOKING!!!

shawnduhast 20th March 2011 08:07 AM

As Arrow now have to re-master this disc PLEASE put the Colour opening on the BD in HD with seamless branching.

Please don't miss a second opportunity to do this.:pray:

Splatterdragon73 20th March 2011 10:34 AM

Quote:

There is no definitive number of how many discs with the monochrome opening are out (or will be out) in circulation but it is enough to make sure it won't be a collectable item that will fetch you a small fortune in years to come! It is probably still worth keeping for posterity.

I'm still keeping any B & W copies i have for any dubious potential collectable value. You know me, Nos! I mean, it's accepted that TB's pre-credit sequence is generally always to be seen in Sepia with the German colour equivalent for curiosity's sake. But how many releases can boast the relevant opening moments in monochrome?

To be honest, i'm not really interested in obtaining corrected copies of Fulci's fearsome fan fave. I'm prepared to give it several months until the time is right to snap up an amended edition. The wait truly doesn't bother me seeing as Arrow's TB is a new title and likely to be available for many moons to come.:)

springjack 20th March 2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardonx (Post 137043)

The true collector´s item is the B/W ones because only a pressing of them was made.

Limited avaiability.

HongKongDave 20th March 2011 09:38 PM

Totally hadn't noticed the opening on mine was in monochrome - will mail Arrow (ordered mine from Amazon btw)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st March 2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 136951)
Was that sent to info@arrowfilms.com? If so, did you include a photo/scan of the receipt?

Just a quick note to clarify the returns policy: all e-mails and scans/photographs of receipts need to be sent to info@arrowfilms.co.uk, rather than the .com address I mentioned earlier (which doesn't exist!).

Phantom 21st March 2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 137350)
Just a quick note to clarify the returns policy: all e-mails and scans/photographs of receipts need to be sent to info@arrowfilms.co.uk, rather than the .com address I mentioned earlier (which doesn't exist!).

Got my copy today and yep, monochrome opening. I've just sent an email through to the above address. ;)