Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th April 2011, 11:03 PM
Cult Rookie

Well, its a lot better. Thanks Arrow for sorting it out.

Prince_vadja - yes, people like you discourage me from posting here. If you have something to say to me, don't say it by private message, say it on the forum like a gentleman. I will post here however I see fit, and defend my position or concede, I don't give a hoot if you don't think I'm contributing in the 'right sort of way'. I will nag, whine, complain as much as I see fit and give praise where its due. It's called free speech, if you don't like it, go and live in North Korea . The forum owners are welcome to ban me if they wish, but I don't think I deserve it.

Praise is due here for sorting this out so quickly.

Thanks again, Arrow.

Just to whet people's appetites, here's a screenshot from my screening tonight - its not come out brilliantly, but you get the gist of how much better this looks now.

Last edited by KRW; 19th April 2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 20th April 2011, 07:54 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDelusions View Post
I know it's probably too early to tell but do you know when it is safe to buy it from the shops? I've been holding off buying it until the discs were sorted out.

Would it quicker to buy it and get the disc replaced?
The first batch of replacement discs have been sent out to those who contacted Arrow with proof of purchase. I don't have a timescale on how long it will take for every disc in every shop to be the new disc. You could buy one and watch it and if it turns out to be one with a monochrome opening, e-mail Arrow and attach your shipping e-mail or a scan of your receipt.
Old 20th April 2011, 08:41 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicDelusions View Post
I know it's probably too early to tell but do you know when it is safe to buy it from the shops? I've been holding off buying it until the discs were sorted out.

Would it quicker to buy it and get the disc replaced?
For now I would say so - new finished stock isn't available yet - first thing was to sort out replacement discs.
Old 20th April 2011, 10:52 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRW View Post
Prince_vadja - yes, people like you discourage me from posting here. If you have something to say to me, don't say it by private message, say it on the forum like a gentleman. I will post here however I see fit, and defend my position or concede, I don't give a hoot if you don't think I'm contributing in the 'right sort of way'. I will nag, whine, complain as much as I see fit and give praise where its due. It's called free speech, if you don't like it, go and live in North Korea . The forum owners are welcome to ban me if they wish, but I don't think I deserve it.
Just some necessary clarifications.

I did not send you a private message but posted it on your visitor message board - as it is off-topic (like the bigger part of this comment of yours) and as I nevertheless wanted everyone to be able to see it; and here you see why I mentioned your permanent insinuations - you simply say things that you cannot proof or that are not true (and you do it far too often, if I may say so). Sorry, but it is as simple as that.

Ask anyone in this forum: I never said anything about you being banned and I never forbad you to utter your opinions, I simply took the liberty to point out that your posts very often are far from being helpful (and that is a fact - everyone can check it out by skimming your posts) - so here we're back at insinuating. Defending one's position, as you put it, is absolutely legit - however, it cannot consist of insinuations and rumours - but I think I already told you that more than once.

But I think this should be enough for today - as all your accusations are completely unfounded, I won't go into any detail.

Just two more things:
1) My post on KRW's visitor message page - as before, everyone is allowed to see it.

---Start--- Yesterday 11:24 PM - permalinkPrince_Vajda
"This is exactly the reason why people like me get put off posting here"

You just don't get it, do you? I really would like to ask you to look at your 14 posts - it's almost everything about complaining and insinuating. Do you think that this adds something valuable to this forum?

Nobody - including me - wants to put off somebody from this place; far from it - the more, the merrier! But it would be nice if you could add something else apart from nagging - and I'm sure you CAN do that!

So I'm looking forward to some nice thread opened by you - I'll be one of the first to answer!

No offense and best wishes! ---End---

2) I have the feeling that this post is quite off-topic: so I won't blame any Mod to delete it. However, I wanted to add some clarification. I sometimes really enjoy being criticised in a hard yet fair manner - it's part of our lives and helps us to come off our high horses; but I cannot stand being defamed.

Greetings!
Old 20th April 2011, 10:55 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Guys can I urge us to stay on topic and any further personal issues be taken to PM - I'm not going to get into any sides of who said what and what is right - rather that it's not appropriate for this thread and not of any interest to people wanting to know about the returns on The Beyond. Thanking you both kindly!
Old 20th April 2011, 10:59 AM
Cult Rookie

I have my replacement disk here - just like to say thanks to Arrow and to Laura. I am impressed with the service.
Old 20th April 2011, 01:31 PM
Cultist in Training

Why is KRW's screen capture tinted purple?
Old 20th April 2011, 01:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukol View Post
Why is KRW's screen capture tinted purple?
Because it's not a screen capture - it's a photograph of his actual TV screen displaying the movie. Such a thing can't be used for much of anything as there are countless factors at play - the camera's flash and processing settings, the TV settings, the lighting in the room, the angle the picture is taken at, etc.
Old 20th April 2011, 01:53 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_reloaded View Post
Because it's not a screen capture - it's a photograph of his actual TV screen displaying the movie. Such a thing can't be used for much of anything as there are countless factors at play - the camera's flash and processing settings, the TV settings, the lighting in the room, the angle the picture is taken at, etc.
Yeah - the only thing the picture tells us is that it isn't b/w anymore - I would have guessed that from Nosferatu's posts by now.
It's a nice thing to play with, though - finding out how unpleasant an otherwise great screen can look when being photographed.

Well, it's my considered opinion that quite a bit of the trouble with the The Beyond-release has its origin in the original movie master Arrow got from Italy, right?

However it's great to see how much effort everybody at Arrow's (and our guys here in the forum) is putting into this release. It would be interesting to know an estimate of how many replacement discs they had to send out the last days.

Greetings!
Old 20th April 2011, 03:03 PM
Ex-member

My replacement Bluray of The Beyond arrived today.
Sepia opening as intended but really pleased that the overall picture quality is much better and that the DTS sound is now a surround track and not the rubbish it was on the original disc.

I hope those who said the faulty disc quality was good for both picture and sound now feel as foolish as they should.

My faith in Arrow is restored
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!