Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree40Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th April 2011, 03:06 PM
Cult Rookie

Default I have seen the blu-ray!!

I seem to be the only person on here who has watched the replacement blu and as I have already said the transfer is superb and the opening looks right. End of.
Old 20th April 2011, 03:08 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by knackyknickknock View Post

I hope those who said the faulty disc quality was good for both picture and sound now feel as foolish as they should.
Thanks for the feedback - let's keep comments like the above off the agenda though please - only inflames things. Thank you.
Old 20th April 2011, 03:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

My replacement disc arrived today, thanks again to the Arrow team! Looking forward to sitting back with a beer or three and watching this classic in Hi-Def!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 20th April 2011, 03:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks for the feedback - let's keep comments like the above off the agenda though please - only inflames things. Thank you.
Sorry about that .
Thought the comment was worth making because several forum members who's opinions seem to matter to others are clearly unaware of what constitutes a good Bluray.

Having said that , I just checked out the sound on the faulty one again and it's not as bad as I first thought although the higher bitrates of the new disc make for some startling improvements at certain sections of the movie.

Great to finally have it as intended-thanks Arrow
Old 20th April 2011, 03:22 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by knackyknickknock View Post
Sorry about that .
Thought the comment was worth making because several forum members who's opinions seem to matter to others are clearly unaware of what constitutes a good Bluray.

Having said that , I just checked out the sound on the faulty one again and it's not as bad as I first thought although the higher bitrates of the new disc make for some startling improvements at certain sections of the movie.

Great to finally have it as intended-thanks Arrow
I'm glad you're happy - that's the important thing - but I don't need forum members opinions corrected either way.
Old 20th April 2011, 03:27 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Well my disc arrived yesterday, much to my joyful surprise. Went to put it into my PS3 and the console decided to just break down again like it did a few months ago. 'The yellow light of death' strikes again. So, after all this anticipation I now have to wait months more before I get my PS3 fixed or I buy a new one. 2011 has not got off to a good start for me at all, no luck whatsoever

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 20th April 2011, 03:28 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Well my disc arrived yesterday, much to my joyful surprise. Went to put it into my PS3 and the console decided to just break down again like it did a few months ago. 'The yellow light of death' strikes again. So, after all this anticipation I now have to wait months more before I get my PS3 fixed or I buy a new one. 2011 has not got off to a good start for me at all, no luck whatsoever
You poor bugger - do Sony have a forum where you can ask for a replacement?
Old 20th April 2011, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
You poor bugger - do Sony have a forum where you can ask for a replacement?
Yeah, I can send it to them, they then send me someone elses refurbished one as a replacement but it costs like £60 and they only guarantee the replacement console for 3 months. Typically, this is pretty much the exact length of time it took for mine to break down again after I got it fixed the first time around. My friend fixes consoles so I didn't have to pay but I don't want to have to keep taking it back to him all the time, it's a nuisance.

My mobile phone is due for an upgrade so I may be able to get a new PS3 as a free gift with a new phone contract. Might be the best option now I guess.

Withdrawal symptoms? Much?

I haven't seen The Beyond yet and I've been so looking forward to this Blu-ray for so long now, I really feel I could cry

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 20th April 2011, 03:41 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Yeah, I can send it to them, they then send me someone elses refurbished one as a replacement but it costs like £60 and they only guarantee the replacement console for 3 months. Typically, this is pretty much the exact length of time it took for mine to break down again after I got it fixed the first time around. My friend fixes consoles so I didn't have to pay but I don't want to have to keep taking it back to him all the time, it's a nuisance.

My mobile phone is due for an upgrade so I may be able to get a new PS3 as a free gift with a new phone contract. Might be the best option now I guess.

Withdrawal symptoms? Much?

I haven't seen The Beyond yet and I've been so looking forward to this Blu-ray for so long now, I really feel I could cry
That is gutting - sods law as well!
Old 20th April 2011, 04:20 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That must be terrible, Ant; I don't know what I'd do without my PS3. I know it's not the same, but does your PC have a Blu-ray drive?

Like this? Share it using the links below!