LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:10 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandya View Post
Will copies ordered from the Arrow site directly come with the replacement disc at the same time as the original?
I'm not sure, but will find out for you. Because of the bank holiday weekend, it will be Tuesday at the earliest.
Old 23rd April 2011, 04:51 PM
Cultist in Training

When will we in Canada get our replacement Blu-Ray?
Old 23rd April 2011, 04:55 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Received my DVD and Blu during the week .
Big thanks to Arrow for getting it sorted, letting us keep the old discs and for being so quick and friendly with emails
Also, big thanks to Nos for keeping us all in the loop
Old 23rd April 2011, 05:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by masdawg View Post
Also, big thanks to Nos for keeping us all in the loop
You're welcome -- after all, that's what I'm here for!
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_burlock View Post
When will we in Canada get our replacement Blu-Ray?
I think that all depends on the international mail as the international replacement BDs have all been sent out.
Old 23rd April 2011, 07:23 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Just watched the intro of my replacement Bluray. And It is just the same as the original B&W. Can someone confirm if the new discs are sepia or still B&W?
Old 23rd April 2011, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Just watched the intro of my replacement Bluray. And It is just the same as the original B&W. Can someone confirm if the new discs are sepia or still B&W?
Sepia on my part.
You don´t need to ask this question because if you´re talking about the replacement disc people are obviously getting the sepia one as stated before. I think your replacement was an isolated incident. Contact Arrow on the mail you used for the replacement and they should help you out right away (maybe tuesday because of the bank holidays).
Old 23rd April 2011, 08:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
I'm very sorry to hear that -- one of the old discs must have been mixed up with the replacement once. As springjack said, contact Arrow and wait for a reply on Tuesday or Wednesday. (There may be a slight backlog of e-mails after the bank holiday).
Old 23rd April 2011, 08:27 PM
Cultist in Training

Send a message via AIM to evilzombie20

Got my replacement disc today - it's got the sepia tone opening.

It still has the aforementioned sync issues, I noticed one in particular - there's also a frame that repeats itself for a few seconds as well.

It's kind of strange the way it happens, it's the scene where the plumber Joe's eye is gouged out, the last few frames of that scene suddenly repeat...but comparing it to my AB disc - it's not cut, the scene ends where it's supposed to, you see the skin rip from the eye socket - but for some reason, it repeats the last few seconds.

I'm not sure if that's something on the master or a technical error but I do have to say while I am happy to have the replacement disc, and that Arrow went through all the work they did to fix the initial problem - however, this disc is far from perfect.

I think delaying this release and going over it with a fine tooth comb before issuing out replacements would have been the best, and financially sound, option - but this is what we are left with. And again, no disrespect to Arrow or anything of the sort - I'm thrilled they went through what they did to provide us with the correct version of the film...but would have preferred it to not have any further errors that could have been fixed.

Big thanks to Arrow for supplying us fans with these replacement discs, it's companies like them that make me proud to be a fan of these kinds of films.
Old 24th April 2011, 08:33 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I think that all depends on the international mail as the international replacement BDs have all been sent out.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that it'll show up at some point this week then.
Old 26th April 2011, 02:21 AM
Cult Rookie

Received my replacement discs today (USA). Bitrate is only slightly higher (disc total 31GB as opposed to 22GB), but I'm pleased to note that not only is the intro sepia, brightness throughout the entire film has been adjusted! It's much darker now. Wish I could take some comparison screenshots, because it's really night and day, but I don't know how with blu-ray. Hopefully some reviews will do so soon, and also revisit their video scores. On quick glance it looks a heck of a lot better! Again, I repeat: the entire film has been re-balanced, not just the intro. Bravo arrow, bravo!

Last edited by Snatcher42; 26th April 2011 at 04:07 AM.
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!