Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th March 2011, 12:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel_scum View Post
Such a brilliant laugh and it's so early in the week.
Eh? What was the meaning of that comment? Don't see anything wrong with my posting! Odd indeed.

Last edited by Sargento; 15th March 2011 at 04:35 PM.
Old 15th March 2011, 04:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Cheers for all the replies guys.

Ive been looking about today, Im now up to 7 HMV's that dont have it as they never ordered it or they didnt receive their stock. Pretty pissed off to be honest.

I dont like ordering from places like HMV Online or Play simply because I have found in the past that the postal service is like the lottery and I dont want to gamble on something not getting here on the day of release or not getting here at all (which has happened to me twice when ordering from HMV online).

Im not even fussed about the b/w problems as I know there is a way to resolve the issues through Arrow, I just want to see the extras and then I will watch the HD version when Arrow replace it.

I know we live in an age of online shopping but sometimes it would be nice just to do it the old fashioned way. The £25 price tag is steep but Im willing to pay that to know that I can get me hands on the thing on the day of release. Or not as the case has been this week. Im either going to have to bite the bullet and order online or drive to one on the HMV's suggested on here.
Old 15th March 2011, 04:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfarer View Post
The price difference between HMV online and off is why I doubt the stores will be viable within the next couple of years
It does seem though that the fantastic government that we have are going to be putting a stop to the whole discounted DVD by closing the loophole that means we get them cheap...

Edit : I cant post links it seems. Google DVD Loophole to close and you will see what I mean.

Sorry, off topic I know but I thought it might be relevant to the HMV Online debate.
Old 15th March 2011, 06:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I genuinely don't understand a lot of the logic behind this entire affair. Why didn't you approach a member of Staff in HMV prior to release (if you were so desperate not to miss out on getting the title on release day) and ask them to reserve you a copy?

HMV aren't required to stock every new release day and date, and I can't quite see Arrow being able to force HMV have ample stock of every single one of their titles in every store (although I'm sure Arrow wish they could ). The Beyond is a pretty niche title, and HMV's financial state is probably hindering their typical ordering policies.
Old 15th March 2011, 06:44 PM
Cult Rookie

I went in-store to my local HMV and asked them if they were getting copies in and they said yes. I have bought all my other Arrow releases there without a single problem so presumed that I could pop in on the day of release. The store had not received their stock of the BR and I was told that they were still on order. There were plenty of copies of the DVD edition but the BR one had not arrived, hence my curiosity about whether the incorrect disc issue was responsible. And thats why I asked the questionon on here.

I know that HMV dont have to stock every title out there (although this point is not valid as they are trying to stock the product) but it's pretty irritating walking past rows and rows of shite like Sex And City 2 only to find that the thing you want is not there.

And yes, it is my problem because of my lack of trust towards online ordering.
Old 15th March 2011, 06:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Have you ever used Amazon?
Old 16th March 2011, 07:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
It does seem though that the fantastic government that we have are going to be putting a stop to the whole discounted DVD by closing the loophole that means we get them cheap...

Edit : I cant post links it seems. Google DVD Loophole to close and you will see what I mean.

Sorry, off topic I know but I thought it might be relevant to the HMV Online debate.
I'm not being a smartarse but we've mentioned that somewhere else on cult labs. The Tories really are sticking it too us.

Back OT - Bazza, I'd give online ordering a go. It's worth it to get discounts and more stores now are using PayPal which is quite safe.
Old 16th March 2011, 08:52 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
This thread was opened so that people could discuss key issues with receiving/buying a copy from HMV, not debating the AV quality and certainly not descending into petty bickering.

If this discussion doesn't get back on topic, I'll have no option but to close this thread.
I really don't want to cause a stir or seem like a sore thumb or thorn in the foot.

But this is becoming a joke. As soon as there is some "anti talk" about the releases, then we get the mods stepping in. And what bickering are you taking about? We can't speak about things freely here. When I joined back in 2007 before Cult labs existed, it was not like this! Now we get censorship of names, banning of members speaking their thoughts, editing of posts, etc.

Ok, going off topic is one thing, but no need to wave the power wand dude!

Can something be done about this as it is seriously making this place the opposite it should be - FUN!
Old 16th March 2011, 09:33 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
I really don't want to cause a stir or seem like a sore thumb or thorn in the foot.

But this is becoming a joke. As soon as there is some "anti talk" about the releases, then we get the mods stepping in. And what bickering are you taking about? We can't speak about things freely here. When I joined back in 2007 before Cult labs existed, it was not like this! Now we get censorship of names, banning of members speaking their thoughts, editing of posts, etc.

Can something be done about this as it is seriously making this place the opposite it should be - FUN!
You are just finding this out? You should've seen the slack I got for not liking the Inferno blu lol
Old 16th March 2011, 09:40 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post

I didn't have a problem with the majority of what was being said, it was just that it was being said in the wrong place. This is a thread that was set up for people to talk about the problems with ordering The Beyond from HMV, not debate the technical aspects.

Cult Labs is much bigger than it has ever been and some control is needed to keep threads on topic -- I was not, as you say, waving 'the power wand'!

Like this? Share it using the links below!