Old 21st June 2011, 09:22 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Unless it has boobies!
With much more explicit material around on the Internet, TV and magazines, you would expect Photobucket (and YouTube, come to think of it) to be a little more relaxed in the content they host.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:24 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I can see the images now since you've edited the post. I'll need to compare them to the screenshots I take from my Arrow BD.
Old 21st June 2011, 09:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Excellent!

There´s more screenshots at the bottom of this page:
Land of Whimsy
Old 21st June 2011, 11:14 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Where did all those 'fake grain' rumors originate from? It sounds so silly and if DJANGO did have fake grain then so what - it looked superb!
Old 21st June 2011, 11:28 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Let's be fair, the French BD you speak so highly of isn't that great. Where's his hand gone?!?

http://www.landofwhimsy.com/hdcaptures/tenebre19.jpg

As I can't do Photobucket and that at work!
Old 21st June 2011, 01:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Sure it´s not perfect either, but at least the grain is stable (even though some scenes have given a pinch of DNR) and the contrast seems better.

The grain on the Arrow disc is either a "grain filter" added to an DNR:ed transfer or they accidentally have tried to sharpen the image giving the grainstructure a wonky look, cause it does NOT look like normal filmgrain.

I´ll wait for comparisions from Nosferatu and some reviews before I decide.
Old 21st June 2011, 04:44 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
they accidentally have tried to sharpen the image giving the grainstructure a wonky look, cause it does NOT look like normal filmgrain.
Those shots do look like what happens if the sharpness setting is increased or one of the sports modes are selected on my HDTV.
Old 22nd June 2011, 07:54 AM
Seasoned Cultist

An article that goes through the diffrence in the Arrow and French release and more.

Kentai's Films: Maniacal Machine Noise Haunts TENEBRAE...
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:10 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Arrow Video, Blue Underground, and every other film licensor who's willingly taking these shitty transfers: Enough is enough. You've been serving these blurry, gritty cluster****s up our way for over two years now, and because we had no solid point of reference we were all willing to believe your claims that this was as good as it got.
No, Enough is enough with you tech nerds dumping on every single little thing.

I've been nothing but satisfied with what I've seen from Blue Underground and, despite one or two **** ups, everything Arrow have done too. I've even seen people complain about the Severin BD of SANTA SANGRE and the Eureka release of SHOGUN ASSASSIN. WTF? Compare them to the older dvd's and they are 1000 times better. If Kentai and his buds are so bothered about these things I suggest they come out from behind their computer screen, pony up the often obscene license fee's for these films and then fork out the serious dough it costs to do a HD restoration for films which, compared to all the latest hollywood guff, have a very limited market appeal. We are lucky people are even bothering to put out these things on out blu.

Goodness what happened to days of when people bought a film to ENJOY?
Jonny, Peter Neal, trench and 5 others like this.
Old 22nd June 2011, 08:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Hey, there is now proof that the grain structure is messed up.
Just look at the french release that has more finedetails and steady grainlevels.

But if your satisfied with a transfer that has artificial grain over a DNR:ed image instead of an untampered transfer with all the finedetails and REAL grain intact, then fine, just don´t expect people that REALLY know how much better it could look, if they didn´t filter the image, to just bend over to the companies and hand over the money for a lackluster transfer.

Arrow really needs to take a good look at the materials they are handed BEFORE they deside to release it. It´s obvious there are better transfers out there.

Like this? Share it using the links below!