All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2011, 10:35 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
people need to consider a few things.

2) Considering Arrow works on a much lower budget than alot of film companys,they do an overall amazing job with PQ & audio.

In conclusion although not always 200% perfect Arrow strive to give the best they can with the money they have to work with,so all of the bitchy complaints on the thread that do not represent a simple observation but a full blown whinge & dig fest need to think first & hold fire.

Point 2 - they don't charge less for these items, even if they are working with lower budgets so that point is ridiculous. Go into HMV on the high street and Tenebrae is £23! I don't care what Arrows budgets are, as a consumer I support Arrow because of the EFFORT and CARE they put into their releases, which up until lately, I have been DELIGHTED with. Their own company expenditure has nothing to do with this. That's their business. They've produced fantastic products with the same budget, so why bring that up???

Plus, don't coat your language with exaggerations like "200% perfect" and "bitchy complaints". Your blind acceptance of technical faults are rendered moronic when you make comments like this.

I neither made bitchy comments or expected 200% perfection, and reading some of the the other posters here, neither did they.

I find it incredible that a forum to discuss film releases from a well liked and much appreciated company can inspire such negativity from a couple of individuals who are frankly making themselves look ridiculous. No wonder the Daily Mail thinks horror and cult film fans are somewhat damaged in their outlook of life and have problems interacting with others.
Old 7th July 2011, 10:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Is there a diplomat in the house?

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 7th July 2011, 10:52 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

We appreciate all feedback as long as it is constructive and written in a way which will not belittle, antagonise or upset another member. So, please try and focus on the disc itself rather than get into a personal spat which may result in warnings or infractions.

Thank you.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:42 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
We appreciate all feedback as long as it is constructive and written in a way which will not belittle, antagonise or upset another member. So, please try and focus on the disc itself rather than get into a personal spat which may result in warnings or infractions.

Thank you.
I am really sorry. I shouldn't have posted my criticism in the first place. I really should know by now that I seem to have the doubtful power of turning a thread into a battlefield.

As for Toonloon:

Greetings!
Old 7th July 2011, 12:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Let us know what you reckon! The weird grain is really blatant in many bits of the film but then again it does still have strong HD detail throughout. I'm sitting on the fence
That's pretty much my take on it too. At times it is pin sharp, but the grain in some of the outdoor scenes is a bit distracting. Like others, I set my tv to 'Cinema' which reduced the brightness and grain and looked fine.

Probably not Arrow's strongest release picture wise, but there again ( for example ) Blue Underground's release of Vampyres wasn't brilliant and by all accounts their disc of The Stendahl Syndrome isn't too clever either, so nobody's perfect.

At the end of the day it's a healthy situation to have all these companies doing their best to put out the best quality releases they can. Let's support 'em all

Oh, and it's the first time I've watched Tenebrae in years - what a cracking film!
Old 7th July 2011, 12:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks for the tea. I'll get the COFFEES next time (don't argue!) - JOKE.

Old 7th July 2011, 01:28 PM
Cultist

Having just watched the disc all i can say is yes, there is a strange grain to the picture, but overall it is a good release and it really shouldnt stop fans buying it in my opinion.
The extras are as usual, excellent, i love the audio commentary by Kim Newman and Alan Jones, although i find the long animated intro's to these extras a little annoying now, perhaps thats just me!
Will be doing a full review on my blog soon...
Old 7th July 2011, 01:36 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by drees5761 View Post
i find the long animated intro's to these extras a little annoying now, perhaps thats just me!
That is indeed personal taste - nothing that should shock you.

I personally really like those nice intros - give the extras a special touch.

Greetings!
Old 7th July 2011, 01:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by drees5761 View Post
, although i find the long animated intro's to these extras a little annoying now, perhaps thats just me!

You are not alone...they kinda bug me too!
Old 7th July 2011, 04:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissolvedpaul View Post
edited quote ^^
Not to go off topic but I just had to reply to this. If you never hear anyone expressing emotions or indeed acting out those emotions about music then you're not hanging out with the right music lovers. ; ) True, people might spend a bit too much time online obsessing about audio fidelity or how expensive their speakers are but at the end of the day, You'd have a hard time stopping me from rolling about on the floor like a loon anytime "Surfa Rosa" or "Doolittle" by The Pixies came on or cry my eyes out after 3 ciders to Holst's "The Planets" and I'd proclaim it on any message board without fear of derision.
You've taken the quote well out of context! He's saying that amongst people who obsess over technical details you'd never find those traits, because they lose the passion for the music!

Like this? Share it using the links below!