Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th May 2011, 08:36 AM
Cult Addict

Someone needs to physically go to italy, slap a copy of bird on Darios desk and tell him to watch it. If he has any respect for his own work he'll get of his a$$ and do something about it.
Or perhaps he's content making films like the dreadful giallo. Either way this release is already getting trashed on amazon by some of the Arrow hate squad (seriously, same names crop up on EVERY release) and in this case i'm not sure their wrong.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:10 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Someone needs to physically go to italy, slap a copy of bird on Darios desk and tell him to watch it. If he has any respect for his own work he'll get of his a$$ and do something about it.
Or perhaps he's content making films like the dreadful giallo. Either way this release is already getting trashed on amazon by some of the Arrow hate squad (seriously, same names crop up on EVERY release) and in this case i'm not sure their wrong.
Well this is one case where it's outside Arrow's control - and it's being presented as per Storaro's vision so anything to do with the look of it is as it is on the master.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:39 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Well this is one case where it's outside Arrow's control - and it's being presented as per Storaro's vision so anything to do with the look of it is as it is on the master.

Indeeed, and I pointed this out, but it doesent stop the cretins from complaining.

This is why someone needs to get argento himself on the case, the only person I can think of who can overrule storaro.
Old 12th May 2011, 10:43 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Indeeed, and I pointed this out, but it doesent stop the cretins from complaining.

This is why someone needs to get argento himself on the case, the only person I can think of who can overrule storaro.
Well indeed - who knows what he thinks - it's a query for anyone interviewing Argento.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:25 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

I really don't think it's cretinous to complain about how this film is now being presented. It's a far cry from how the film was intended to look, so I think complaints are warranted in this instance. Indeed, you yourself also seem displeased by this release, so are you a complaining cretin too?

I understand that Arrow's hands have been tied on this one and I sympathise with their predicament. Hopefully enough people will buy it, those who aren't so fussy about aspect ratios and the like, for Arrow to recoup their costs. But I think the hardcore fans of Argento and this film in particular are likely to boycott it and you can't really blame them, can you?

But please, keirarts, enough of this name calling, you're no better than those you claim to be retaliating against. In calling them cretins you show yourself to be no better than them.
robertzombie and BAKA like this.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:31 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Let's leave it at that gents please.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I really don't think it's cretinous to complain about how this film is now being presented. It's a far cry from how the film was intended to look, so I think complaints are warranted in this instance. Indeed, you yourself also seem displeased by this release, so are you a complaining cretin too?

I understand that Arrow's hands have been tied on this one and I sympathise with their predicament. Hopefully enough people will buy it, those who aren't so fussy about aspect ratios and the like, for Arrow to recoup their costs. But I think the hardcore fans of Argento and this film in particular are likely to boycott it and you can't really blame them, can you?

But please, keirarts, enough of this name calling, you're no better than those you claim to be retaliating against. In calling them cretins you show yourself to be no better than them.
Maybe (and hopefully for Arrow) you are wrong. Especially as a hardcore fan of Argento I'd be interested in every new and different release of his films.

As for keirarts - maybe he should lower his voice a little, but he has got a point. Those complaining about Arrow's releases on Amazon and other pages seem to be strange people, as they complain about each and everything. I cannot take such people seriously, and if you read their comments carefully it becomes quite obvious that most of them might even have trouble sitting on the loo properly. It's proportionality again - I miss that a bit in keirarts last posts, but mainly in the Amazon comments already mentioned. But as Almar rightly implied: let's call it a day.

It has already been said that the original aspect ratio would have been better - but although it slightly diminishes my (and other people's) anticipation, it won't keep me from buying the release. Except for the really strange viewfinder topic - I don't think that the aspect ratio change destroys the movie. But that's up to one's personal taste, I guess. As for me: I will pre-order the disc at the beginning of next week and I'm looking forward to the release all the same.

Greetings!
Old 12th May 2011, 02:50 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Let's just keep it all technical chaps and not about each other - I think we can all agree we'd want perfection on all our favourite films - these are the cards that have been dealt - everyone knows well in advance so nothing worth anyone falling out over and PM is useful for any further thoughts on that tangent but a I think a Coke and a smile for all is called for.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:56 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
but a I think a Coke and a smile for all is called for.
Indeed, we're only about two hours from dinner time.

Technically speaking: is something wrong with my eyes or will the Blu be slightly colder in terms of colour than earlier releases (like the Blu from BU)? Because that's what I see on DVDBeaver's webpage.

Greetings!
Old 12th May 2011, 03:00 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Indeed, we're only about two hours from dinner time.

Technically speaking: is something wrong with my eyes or will the Blu be slightly colder in terms of colour than earlier releases (like the Blu from BU)? Because that's what I see on DVDBeaver's webpage.

Greetings!
It might well be - I'm staying out of interpretations and each person can judge for themselves but nothing about the look is down to any choices by Arrow - that is the one point to note.
PaulD likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!