Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th July 2011, 01:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Slipcases

I know this is knitpicking but it really bothers me ... why do some of your releases come in glossy slipcovers and others in matte ones?

I for one prefer the matte finish since fingerprints are never an issue there. I thought it was a weird "accident" that the third Arrow Academy release (Rififi) suddenly used the glossy finish) but the two DVD slipcases I have from Arrow (Kentucky Fried Movie, Martin) are glossy as well and now with Obsession you even introduce the glossy finish to Blu-ray...

Y U NO KEEP CONTINUITY???

Old 13th July 2011, 01:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

That's a good question indeed. I also prefer the non-glossy slipcases - for my personal taste they just feel better.

It would be interesting to know the reason for the different slipcases.

Greetings!
Old 13th July 2011, 02:59 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Am I right in thinking that excluding Obsession, to date, glossy = 4-panel artwork dvds, matte = blurays? Obsession being the exclusion here since it's a different sized packaging again.
Old 13th July 2011, 03:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Am I right in thinking that excluding Obsession, to date, glossy = 4-panel artwork dvds, matte = blurays? Obsession being the exclusion here since it's a different sized packaging again.
I don't think it's the size. Arrow Films' release of Spirits of the Dead has the size of Obsession and it's matte. Yeah, it's no Arrow Video release, I know.

But maybe Nos will tell us more.

Greetings!
Old 13th July 2011, 06:42 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Nope, that's deffo not the reason ... the Arrow Academy ones I mentioned are 100% identical, only that 2 are matte and 1 is glossy.
Old 21st September 2011, 11:25 PM
Cult Rookie

What annoys me is how the slipcases are rarely glued together properly to the right of the window. I end up obsessively trying to squeeze the front and back together, but the glue holds out for about 2 seconds and then it comes apart again!
Old 14th October 2011, 12:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've asked Arrow about this as I don't have a clue either!
Old 19th October 2011, 07:54 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
I know this is knitpicking but it really bothers me ... why do some of your releases come in glossy slipcovers and others in matte ones?

I for one prefer the matte finish since fingerprints are never an issue there. I thought it was a weird "accident" that the third Arrow Academy release (Rififi) suddenly used the glossy finish) but the two DVD slipcases I have from Arrow (Kentucky Fried Movie, Martin) are glossy as well and now with Obsession you even introduce the glossy finish to Blu-ray...

Y U NO KEEP CONTINUITY???

Checked this with Arrow. Originally they were all supposed to be matte but the manufacturer accidentally printed some in glossy and Arrow quite liked the result and decided to run with it.
Old 27th October 2011, 03:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Checked this with Arrow. Originally they were all supposed to be matte but the manufacturer accidentally printed some in glossy and Arrow quite liked the result and decided to run with it.
Thank you for asking!

So this means that both Arrow Video and Arrow Academy Slipcases from now on will all be glossy?
Old 27th October 2011, 10:05 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

A job for you lot.......

http://www.dulux.com.au/careers.aspx

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!