All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2011, 12:34 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'll put that query to Arrow and see what they say.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Baffling. A box set of the trilogy makes perfect sense. But not putting out Night solo is bewildering and pretty dismissive of people who happily gave their cash over to Arrow for Dawn and Day. Surely it would make more business sense to release Night solo first, as that will energise sales of the existing Dawn and Day releases, and then go on to release the box set? I know plenty of people like double dipping here, but I don't think Arrow should be pushing that over offering people the alternative to purchase seperately, especially as two were already sold seperately. I'm more than sure a couple of people will be over the moon though, but to me personally, it's bewildering business practice, and it's probably going to make me extremely cautious of picking up future releases which are part of a series / franchise, etc.

And no Blu, is again disappointing. Hopefully sales of the boxset will encourage Arrow to revists this possibility later down the line.

Got really excited when I saw the topic title on the main forum
Amertume likes this.
Old 1st September 2011, 12:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Thanks for the quick response! May I add an ironic "I hate you all for the great new design"? I hope you understand that, I am not a normal German when it comes to humour
Old 1st September 2011, 12:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
thanks
lets hope for a good result

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 1st September 2011, 01:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

I'll hold off on this until we hear from members on how they rate the Night transfer(we really,REALLY need a good print of this...DVD or Blu, either fine by me. NIGHT and DAY(no pun intended) would be good, but when I dip for DAWN will go for the Blu. But if NIGHT turns out to be a cracker I'll hold off on that Blu and plonk for this.
Old 1st September 2011, 01:15 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Baffling. A box set of the trilogy makes perfect sense. But not putting out Night solo is bewildering and pretty dismissive of people who happily gave their cash over to Arrow for Dawn and Day. Surely it would make more business sense to release Night solo first, as that will energise sales of the existing Dawn and Day releases, and then go on to release the box set? I know plenty of people like double dipping here, but I don't think Arrow should be pushing that over offering people the alternative to purchase seperately, especially as two were already sold seperately. I'm more than sure a couple of people will be over the moon though, but to me personally, it's bewildering business practice, and it's probably going to make me extremely cautious of picking up future releases which are part of a series / franchise, etc.
I feel exactly the same, having bought the Arrow Video Dawn & Day releases I'm not really interested in this set, but I'd certainly buy an Arrowdrome Night DVD, at least.
Old 1st September 2011, 01:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Looks like a nice introductory set for viewers who are new to Romero's zombie classics.If I was just getting into old school horror flicks this ArrowDrome set would be great, Dawn & Day fully uncut and I presume Night will be too, you can't go wrong.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st September 2011, 04:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Looks like a nice introductory set for viewers who are new to Romero's zombie classics.If I was just getting into old school horror flicks this ArrowDrome set would be great, Dawn & Day fully uncut and I presume Night will be too, you can't go wrong.
Very true, this set isn't really for posters on this forum. Surely only a tiny minority of members on here don't already own all three films.

This set is for the general public who are casually browsing the shelves on a Saturday afternoon, and Nosferatu who buys everything.
Old 1st September 2011, 04:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yup, I ain't buying any more copies of damn Romero zombie films! Can't you release Knightriders, I haven't seen that one . . . !
platostotal likes this.
Old 1st September 2011, 04:22 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
This set is for the general public who are casually browsing the shelves on a Saturday afternoon, and Nosferatu who buys everything.
Sadly, that's not too far from the truth. Depending on how my ArrowDrome collection looks at the time of release may determine whether I buy this set or not. It's not often I can exist good artwork and new extra features (hoping there are some in this release).
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!