Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2010, 07:07 PM
Cultist in Training

I find it crazy some people on this board are watching Martin for the first time. I assumed all the folks here had seen everything horror related! (I'm not trying to inference i've seen alot, I haven't)
Old 1st July 2010, 07:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I find it crazy some people on this board are watching Martin for the first time. I assumed all the folks here had seen everything horror related! (I'm not trying to inference i've seen alot, I haven't)
Is virtually impossible for a horrorhound to see everything horror related... even the so called classics.
Old 1st July 2010, 10:06 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgthatsme View Post
One of the great things about being a horror fan is that there are so many subgenres and directors whose work is only known to a small minority that you can stumble across a whole raft of movies that you've never seen but seemingly everyone else raves about them!
Old 2nd July 2010, 03:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm a big horror fan and there are lots of horror flicks that are raved about by fans that I haven't seen yet.It's fun watching films for the first time you've only ever heard or read about.
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:25 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I fear the day when I'll have supposedly seen everything so roll on ignorance! The collective knowledge on here will clearly keep turning up surprises and that's great news.
Old 2nd July 2010, 11:00 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Amen to that! I love discovering new directors and new types of films -- it's part of what makes being a film addict so much fun. As Almar said, I would hate to have seen everything as then there would be no fun in discovering new directors, actors, writers and types of film.

I know there are many people on here who have seen more films (particularly horror films) than I have and I want to keep up with them, watching movies that they mention that I haven't seen.
Old 2nd July 2010, 02:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
The package is fantastic (cant decide whether to open them or keep them shrik wrapped)!
That's why i personally purchased two copies of Martin on their way from Play.Com.

One ravishing release for me to watch and another as a collectable back-up copy.
Old 2nd July 2010, 03:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Anyone remember MARTIN actor John Amplas as a gun wielding redneck in John Russo's 1981 backwoods slasher pic MIDNIGHT?

Old 2nd July 2010, 04:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nope, that one must have passed me by. Is it worth watching?
Old 3rd July 2010, 12:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
Anyone remember MARTIN actor John Amplas as a gun wielding redneck in John Russo's 1981 backwoods slasher pic MIDNIGHT?
The actor was also tanned-up as one of the 'Martinez' tenement residents shooting it out with the S.W.A.T. team in the original Dawn Of The Dead.

Apparently Amplas is the long haired guy who exclaims "Jesus Christ! There's a thousand pigs!!".

Lions Gate issued Midnight on R1 DVD a while back but i've no idea if this full frame release is any good. Pretty poor cover on this edition too if i'm not wrong.

My two Martin DVD sets arrived today and another fantastic job by Arrow. Very well done and keep 'em comin'!

Like this? Share it using the links below!