Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd July 2010, 02:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
The actor was also tanned-up as one of the 'Martinez' tenement residents shooting it out with the S.W.A.T. team in the original Dawn Of The Dead.

Apparently Amplas is the long haired guy who exclaims "Jesus Christ! There's a thousand pigs!!".

Lions Gate issued Midnight on R1 DVD a while back but i've no idea if this full frame release is any good. Pretty poor cover on this edition too if i'm not wrong.

My two Martin DVD sets arrived today and another fantastic job by Arrow. Very well done and keep 'em comin'!
Yup, Amplas was also in Day of the Dead and Knightriders! And Forest of Fear too!

No, DO NOT buy the region one edition of Midnight: it is a no thrills disc and has bloody awful cover art work too. Quality is pretty rough but it looks 16mm and kinda "echoes" the "grindhouse" feel (anyone who seriously thinks City of the Living Dead was shot 16mm should watch this as a comparison).
Old 3rd July 2010, 05:07 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It was nice to see this stocked up in HMV last night.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd July 2010, 05:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

picked this up today from HMV in Aberdeen. Martin has Saturday night viewing written all over it!
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 3rd July 2010, 11:06 PM
Cult Veteran

Got my copy this morning from Play.com, i'm afraid that i seem to have one of the dodgy copies, the 5.1 audio on the 4:3 version seems to be around 10 seconds out of sync with the video. (widescreen fine though)
What's the best action to take to get this rectified?

Thanks in advance.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:12 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Got my copy this morning from Play.com, i'm afraid that i seem to have one of the dodgy copies, the 5.1 audio on the 4:3 version seems to be around 10 seconds out of sync with the video. (widescreen fine though)

Thanks in advance.
Oh dear! I thought the delayed release was so that the copies sold would be the corrected ones?

My preorder is finally "dispatching soon" from Amazon. I would be well fed up if I waited only to get a faulty copy in the end.
Old 4th July 2010, 12:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
When we´re talking Play.com that´s hard because they don´t have an email to explain the situation. I believe the only option you have on their site is to select the option that you received a fawlty disk.

Or someone in this forum connected to Arrow could contact Play.com to alert them of the situation. If Play.com is selling the fawlty discs this may hurt Arrow´s image to the consumer.
Old 4th July 2010, 10:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchotchke View Post
Oh dear! I thought the delayed release was so that the copies sold would be the corrected ones?
My thoughts exactly and i only hope maybe a handful of the defective DVDs slipped through Play.Com's net.
Old 5th July 2010, 08:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Just got my copy from HMV.com and it looks good
Old 5th July 2010, 08:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Mine finally shipped today from Amazon.

I read this thread through when I joined the forum, but cannot remember what is the problem with the bad Martin discs. Could someone remind me so I don't have to go through the whole thread again? T'would be greatly appreciated!
Old 5th July 2010, 08:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The problem was on the 4:3 version which had a major synchronisation issue with the sound and visuals sometimes as much as 15 seconds apart! Believe me, you'll know if and when you see it!

Like this? Share it using the links below!