LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th January 2012, 04:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
A statement is on the way shortly I believe with more info...
Thanks Almar.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:01 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

This just in from Arrow (feel like I should be shuffling papers behind a desk!):

Quote:
There will be plenty of time and copies for people to buy the Limited Editions of Arrow Video titles (with a slipbox and poster), it won't be a flash in the pan Limited Edition, there will be ample availability and this will be monitored as time goes by. With that said people should be wary that whilst they will be available for a good length of time we won't be able to give notice on when a title is truly going out of print as it is not easy to determine when stock will definitely run out, we can determine when stock has run low in our own warehouse but much of that stock may still be sitting in stores unsold. The arrival of the Unlimited Edition will no doubt cause a flurry of people wanting to catch the Limited Edition before it's gone and this may lead to disappointment. Please remember all the disc contents and main front artwork will remain the same.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:04 PM
Ex-Member

The slipcases look nice, but once there on your shelf it really doesn't matter. I'm sure the majority of people don't even use the poster. This doesn't seem like too much of a drastic change. This disc quality from Arrow has always been top notch to me. I know some have barked about not liking certain prints but I've never had a problem. Everything will still look great. Remember the dvds came in slipcases i.e. vamp, inferno, phenomena, and these have changed to normal cases.

I'll support Arrow. Its wants on the inside that counts, and inside Arrow's boxes have always had tasty guts.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post

I'll support Arrow. Its wants on the inside that counts, and inside Arrow's boxes have always had tasty guts.
Spot on!
Old 25th January 2012, 05:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Oddly enough, the posters were never a big selling point for me until I decided to start framing them and realised how great they are. Made me realise how good value for money The Cat O' Nine Tails was when I'd been buying old movie posters for £6 a pop to frame when I then put the poster in the bluray set to good use. All it means is I'll buy the releases a little bit sooner, something I pretty much do now anyway.

I don't get why this was The Big Announcement when on Facebook they've just revealed a new title to be announced this Friday will get a standard 4-panel artwork-slipcase release AND a steelbook release. Can't wait to see what this will be!
sawyer6 likes this.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:29 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I don't get why this was The Big Announcement when on Facebook they've just revealed a new title to be announced this Friday will get a standard 4-panel artwork-slipcase release AND a steelbook release. Can't wait to see what this will be!
Perhaps the big announcement is the steelbook.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Perhaps the big announcement is the steelbook.
Nah, the big announcement was to do with a new line they were working on. Unless it turns out to be Arrow Video Steelbooks.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I'm curious to know what title will be announced as well. An Arrow Video Steelbook should look very, very good!
Stephen@Cult Labs and PaulD like this.
Old 25th January 2012, 05:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm curious to know what title will be announced as well. An Arrow Video Steelbook should look very, very good!
Yeah, I'm incredibly intrigued. The only issue, as I mentioned on the Facebook thread, is choosing the steelbook over the 4 panel artwork-slipcase version. And yes Nos, I know what double-dipping is for before you say it
Old 25th January 2012, 06:13 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
And yes Nos, I know what double-dipping is for before you say it
It's something I'm all too guilty of myself, not to mention triple dipping, quadruple dipping...
PaulD likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!