no none
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:43 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I think I am. And you are silly.

no harm done though
I haven't heard someone be called silly in a long time.
Pete and PaulD like this.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:44 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakie79 View Post
no none
Sorry for jumping down your throat Drakie79, was just a little confused that's all. No hard feelings

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:44 PM
Cultist

The fact that there's a delay makes me want to get my hands on these releases even more...I wouldn't dream of cancelling orders for the sake of waiting an extra week or two.
Am I right in thinking that I read there will only be 2000 copies of each release in the Ltd Slipcase format - if so who wouldn't want to make sure they got them?
Old 3rd May 2012, 01:47 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Sorry for jumping down your throat Drakie79, was just a little confused that's all. No hard feelings
Same here! Hope you weren't offended.
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I guess I should not post my frustration if I do not like the shitstorm it causes - I did not mean to do that! I was just ready for the films, but since I waited so long for them (one of the Demons was snatched from being delivered to me by custioms, remember?) and I hear the PQ is really good, I can sit off the extra wait on my weaker cheek... And there is absolutely no jealousy on those who have that steelbook, which was out of the question for me anyhow as it is above the custom-free limit (hence risky), it lacks the comic book and I am not too fond of that look and steelbooks in general...
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:05 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

My perspective:

1. The "End of Part 1" caption isn't intrusive at all, nor does it affect the pacing of the film. In fact, I'd rather have it than not.

2. It was me that thought it was a little pale at the cinema. This is again a personal issue. I like hotter colour saturation in films of this ilk, and the new HD master is a bit subdued colour-wise compared to the Demons I grew up with - ie the Avatar VHS release. Modern tastes seem to go for more subdued colour mastering, but I don't think this suits Italian films of this kind. Many of you will watch this master of Demons and think it looks perfect.

3. If anything, the BD looks better than the same master blown up to cinema screen size. At least on my smallish telly at 1080i.
Old 3rd May 2012, 02:34 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Seriously man, people are so spoiled they don't know a good thing when it happens. It's insane.
it does my head in! i barely care about the comic, it's a cool bonus, i'll read it through a couple of times probably but it's the films that count and this is a time to rejoice because we dont have another tenebrae/BWTCP debacle, and in fact we have the immaculate demons blus we've all been waiting for. arrow put in the extra work and properly delivered so get it in perspective!
and yeah the delay is mildly annoying. this is the first time i ever preordered anything and all 4 of my preorders are pushed back. oh well!!! another 3 weeks of intense anticipation wont kill me!
support arrow, dont badmouth, dont join the trolls in focusing on superficial details, overall they're the most fantastic genre dvd company ever in the uk and i love 'em for it.
Steel76 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!