Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow do a Blu-ray SteelBook for Demons 1 and 2 double pack?
Yes 87 79.09%
No 23 20.91%
Voters: 110. This poll is closed

Like Tree134Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th March 2012, 12:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

This sold it for me, just pre-ordered it from Tesco at £24.97. I will live without the comic.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 12th March 2012, 12:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Still not happy the comic won't be included.
Old 12th March 2012, 01:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm more interested in finding why Arrow say that a double steelbook doesn't have space for all the goodies.
Old 12th March 2012, 02:04 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
I'm more interested in finding why Arrow say that a double steelbook doesn't have space for all the goodies.
I'm assuming that with two discs inside there just isn't room to allow all of the extras to fit inside as well. Assuming you want the steelbook to be able to close, of course!
Old 12th March 2012, 04:52 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthelvis View Post
This sold it for me, just pre-ordered it from Tesco at £24.97. I will live without the comic.
I can't resist the steelbook......and I want the other versions too. I'm going to be skint!
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th March 2012, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I can't resist the steelbook......and I want the other versions too. I'm going to be skint!
Me too, good job I've got 5 decent paying gigs with the band next month because I've got all 3 Blu editions in a basket waiting for me to click pre-order, bloody well worth it though!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 12th March 2012, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I'm assuming that with two discs inside there just isn't room to allow all of the extras to fit inside as well. Assuming you want the steelbook to be able to close, of course!
Thank you for your answer Sarah, but, assuming you read my post some pages back... I still cant´seem to understand why a 2 disk steelbook would have space constraints to hold posters, the comic, and the standard booklet.

I have steelbooks with 3, 4, 5 and even 6 disks that houses a booklet.
Don´t tell me if you have 2 disks on one side you don´t have enough space for all the goodies in the other side. Also, instead of the comic being in 2 parts, you should compile it in one go for this steelook.

I even have a 2 disk steelbook that has a 62 page booklet, now that is some thick mother.

Also, I just experiment with stuff from your past releases, and put a booklet, 2 posters, some artcards, and a comic in a normal 2 disk steelbook case and it fitted like a charm.

Just put everything, Arrow knows that the space is up for it.

Below I put an example:

01- A normal "Karate Kid" 2 disk steelbook
02- I put 2 arrow posters, 2 arrow booklets, and 2 PS3 booklets of 22 pages each for simulating the book (I don´t how much pages the comic will have)
03- You can verify that that the steelbook closes, and I can assure you I didn´t make any pressure for it to close.

I have to say that the clip holders on this steelbook are smaller than some other I have, but as you can see, even with smaller clip holder, there´s room for more goodies that the ones offered.

On a side note, you can even put the comic out of the clip holders, standing in the middle of the steelbook.

PS: Even if after those pictures you want to rule out the comic, I strongly ask in the name of the comunity to include the posters.

If what is said above isn´t ruled as positive by Arrow, and if Arrow wants to turn this into a real limited collector´s item, why not put the all the extra stuff inside a slipcase, and the steelbok, both housed inside a cardboard case just like Battle Royale (just thinner).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01- Normal Blu-ray Case.jpg (92.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 02- Goodies.jpg (92.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 03- Closed.jpg (92.7 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by springjack; 12th March 2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12th March 2012, 06:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It does seem a little bland without all the normal goodies. Yes it looks nice etc etc ... but it really is missing that something special.

I have held off pre-ordering it for now

Still no idea just how "limited" this release will be.
Old 12th March 2012, 09:09 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I seem to recall that the comics were going to be pretty big and were originally designed to fit outside of the HD keepcase within the slipcover (a la Obsession) - this may still be the case.

Also, remember there is a comic for Demons AND Demons 2.

I sometimes have trouble storing my MoC peel-offs inside their corresponding steelbooks (along with the booklet), so there is no chance of two comics (and booklets and posters) fitting inside the steelbook. Unless said steelbook is a TARDIS of course
Old 12th March 2012, 10:09 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I seem to recall that the comics were going to be pretty big and were originally designed to fit outside of the HD keepcase within the slipcover (a la Obsession) - this may still be the case.

Also, remember there is a comic for Demons AND Demons 2.

I sometimes have trouble storing my MoC peel-offs inside their corresponding steelbooks (along with the booklet), so there is no chance of two comics (and booklets and posters) fitting inside the steelbook. Unless said steelbook is a TARDIS of course
I noted that on my post, that I didn´t know the actual thicknes of the comics, but there´s no excuse to keep the posters away from this steelbook release.

Also noted that, if Arrow wants to turn this into a real limited collector´s item, why not put the all the extra stuff inside a slipcase just like the Battle Royalle. Then, put both the slipcase and the steelbok, inside a cardboard case just like Battle Royale (just thinner).
Sargento and Jinx_Barkman like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!