Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th March 2012, 10:51 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiGusto View Post
Well I think it sucks that the slipbox versions will be so limited.. means the price will stay up, and if you miss out on one, your collection will always be incomplete.

The comment about the 'unlimited' versions including a DVD copy.. why don't the Limited Editions have them too? Seems a bit of a weird thing that the unlimited will get an extra disc.
My understanding is that there will 2000 limited Bd's, 2000 limited DVD's, and the the Unlimited will be dual format, no standalone pressings. Makes sense to me!
Old 11th March 2012, 01:04 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Not if you treat them in a decent manner!

Greetings!
Before assuming something, make sure you´re right!

I treat them in the best decent manner.

All of my DVDs and Blu-Rays, since day one, are put inside a plastic protector and kept that way in a dedicated room in my house.

From my Arrow selection, this happens more on DVDs (since they are taller) than on Blu-Rays.
Old 11th March 2012, 01:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Before assuming something, make sure you´re right!

I treat them in the best decent manner.

All of my DVDs and Blu-Rays, since day one, are put inside a plastic protector and kept that way in a dedicated room in my house.

From my Arrow selection, this happens more on DVDs (since they are taller) than on Blu-Rays.
If you treat them this way, it's almost impossible that the slipcases get loose.

Greetings!
Old 11th March 2012, 09:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
If you treat them this way, it's almost impossible that the slipcases get loose.

Greetings!
They do, and that happens to some users because some year ago I posted somewhere on this forum in the middle of a thread, to see if this happens to anyone and from what I recall a few users said that with the passing of the time, the slipcases tend to get loose.

I must recall that this happens almost exclusive to DVD editions (almost all my Arrow DVDs are loose, while only 2 blu-rays suffer from this). I already threw out 4 slipcases. I don´t dislike my editions without slipcases (cool to have artwork on both sides), but for me (I treat my DVDs/Blu-Rays with care) it´s not that big of a deal to have 4 cover choices... the normal unlimited will do.
Old 12th March 2012, 12:13 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I've been chatting with Arrow for final details on this and here's what they have to say:

Quote:
The unlimited dual play editions will look just like the new Caligula, only the case will be clear and there will be a sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap. The first of these will be House by the Cemetery which will be a 3 disc Double Play. Some new specs have had to be worked out as there is just so much content. Some things have been moved, therefore, on to an additional DVD to enable the best encode on the feature. Here are the new specs for the Double Play. The main BD will be the same only with 4 artworks, poster and no DVD:

THIS EDITION CONTAINS:
- High Definition Blu-ray and Standard Definition DVD presentation of the film and all extras
- Reversible sleeve with original poster artwork and newly commissioned artwork cover
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by author Calum Waddell

BLU-RAY & DVD DISC 1 CONTAIN:
- Brand new High Definition restoration from the original negative presented totally uncut (Blu-ray 1080p)
- Optional English subtitles for both the English (SDH) and Italian audio tracks

BLU-RAY & DVD DISC 1 SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Audio commentary with star Catriona MacColl, moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with co-star Silvia Collatina, moderated by Mike Baronas of Paura Productions
- Introduction to the film by star Giovanni Frezza
- Back to the Cellar: Interview with star Giovanni Frezza
- Cemetery Woman: Interview with star Catriona MacColl
- Freudstein's Follies: Interview with special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi
- Wax Mask – Finishing the Final Fulci: Interview with Sergio Stivaletti about his completion of Wax Mask after Fulci’s passing
- Women of Italian Horror: Featuring Silvia Collatina (The House by the Cemetery), Stefania Casini (Suspiria/ Bloodstained Shadow) and Barbara Magnolfi (Suspiria/ The Sister Of Ursula)
- Easter Eggs

DVD DISC 2 SPECIAL FEATURES:
- House by the Cemetery Onstage Q&A Cast Reunion: Live from the Horrorhound convention, Indianapolis, March 2011: Featuring Catriona MacColl, Giovanni Frezza, Silvia Collatina, Carlo DeMejo and Dagmar Lassander
- Italian Trailer Compilation: Twenty cult trailers from the golden age of Italian cult cinema including several rare previews from the resume of the late, great Lucio Fulci each prefigured by a written introduction
- Deleted scene
- Original House by the Cemetery Trailers and TV Spot

Unfortunately it was too late to do this for Demons.

As regards when Limited Editions go out of print, we will try and give notice and as mentioned recently on Twitter and Facebook we expect that the first will be Dawn, Day and Cat, but as we’ve said before this isn’t an exact science so it’s hard to truly gauge.
Hopefully this answers most of the questions on this thread?
Old 12th March 2012, 12:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

So, I guess unlimited will have dvd but limited won't... weird.
Guess unlimited will have more exclusives (dvd) than the limited.
Old 12th March 2012, 02:44 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I see that. argghhhh, with shelf space now at a premium in my home, i'm tempted to get the unlimited versions and get rid of any titles that I have on dvd. Damn you Arrow!
Old 12th March 2012, 05:19 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'm disappointed that Calum didn't get an interview with Fulci. The fact that he's dead is no excuse! Get Derek Acorah in to moderate.
Old 12th March 2012, 06:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Exactly what I said.. doesn't make sense that the unlimited should have more to offer than the Limited.
Old 12th March 2012, 06:24 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Where are you getting that from? Compare Sarah's post with the 3 disc Unlimited Edition with the 2 disc Limited Edition on the Arrow website:

Quote:
THIS EDITION CONTAINS:

- Reversible sleeve with 3 original poster artworks and newly commissioned artwork cover
- Double-sided fold-out artwork poster
- Collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by author Calum Waddell

BLU-RAY CONTAINS:

- Brand new High Definition restoration from the original negative presented totally uncut
- Optional Italian uncompressed LPCM mono and English 2.0
- Optional English subtitles for both the English (SDH) and Italian audio tracks

BLU-RAY DISC 1 SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Audio commentary with star Catriona MacColl, moderated by Calum Waddell
- Audio commentary with co-star Silvia Collatina, moderated by Mike Baronas of Paura Productions
- Introduction to the film by star Giovanni Frezza
- Back to the Cellar: Interview with star Giovanni Frezza
- Cemetery Woman: Interview with star Catriona MacColl
- Freudstein's Follies: Interview with special effects artist Giannetto De Rossi
- Wax Mask – Finishing the Final Fulci: Interview with Sergio Stivaletti about his completion of Wax Mask after Fulci’s passing
- Women of Italian Horror: Featuring Silvia Collatina (The House by the Cemetery), Stefania Casini (Suspiria/ Bloodstained Shadow) and Barbara Magnolfi (Suspiria/ The Sister Of Ursula)
- Easter Eggs

DVD DISC 2 SPECIAL FEATURES:

- House by the Cemetery Onstage Q&A Cast Reunion: Live from the Horrorhound convention, Indianapolis, March 2011: Featuring Catriona MacColl, Giovanni Frezza, Silvia Collatina, Carlo DeMejo and Dagmar Lassander
- Italian Trailer Compilation: Twenty cult trailers from the golden age of Italian cult cinema including several rare previews from the resume of the late, great Lucio Fulci each prefigured by a written introduction
- Deleted scene
- Original House by the Cemetery Trailers and TV Spot
That's the same content isn't it? Just the Unlimited Version has an extra dvd with the film and the same extras as the bluray. Sarah even says the same in her post - "The main BD will be the same only with 4 artworks, poster and no DVD", by which she's referring to the addition dvd with the feature on, not the extras dvd.

Like this? Share it using the links below!