Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should Arrow continue to release Limited versions of Arrow Video titles?
Yes 159 79.90%
No 40 20.10%
Voters: 199. This poll is closed

Like Tree87Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:09 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
Well, how about this for an option? If Arrow do decide to ditch the limited editions, for those who really desperately need the continuity from the spine side, why not release the Unlimited with a simple fully printed slipcover? You won't be able to change the cover obviously but the spines would remain consistent.
That's still going to cost more though isn't it?

To be honest, I don't fully understand the argument regarding the consistency of the spines. If you've got the entire Arrow Video range on your shelves then you'll have a mixture of standard dvds, dvds with a glossy slipcase, the Battle Royale box, the Fantastic Factory/Argento boxes and the blurays with slipcovers (of which Obsession sticks out slightly due to its glossy finish). And that's not even counting the various coloured Arrow Drome titles. I don't really see how having standard Arrow Video amaray bluray boxes is going to stick out much more to be honest,
Old 22nd March 2012, 08:17 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
That's still going to cost more though isn't it?

To be honest, I don't fully understand the argument regarding the consistency of the spines. If you've got the entire Arrow Video range on your shelves then you'll have a mixture of standard dvds, dvds with a glossy slipcase, the Battle Royale box, the Fantastic Factory/Argento boxes and the blurays with slipcovers (of which Obsession sticks out slightly due to its glossy finish). And that's not even counting the various coloured Arrow Drome titles. I don't really see how having standard Arrow Video amaray bluray boxes is going to stick out much more to be honest,
Yep, it will but I'm just trying to think of a compromise for those that do want it if the Limiteds go. I'm not bothered about continuity personally and if I were, it's about to be smashed with the Demons steelbook anyway.

Let's face it, some people fussed over the original Demons cover being black instead of white...
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:33 PM
Active Cultist

i only want consistancy in my gates of hell trilogy. i want to see those three beauties proudly leering out from my fulci shelf.
after that fine, cast the sleeves and posters to the fires of hell.
dream demon likes this.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:22 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
My word is final. I want 4 artwork panels, so the limited editions stay!
I am relieved now
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:24 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughale View Post
I am relieved now
I wish it was that easy .
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:36 AM
Cult Rookie

I would like them to keep the limited version, however the fact that there isn't that much of a difference between the limited and unlimited makes me concerned that the extra £5 is not worth it. If they made the limited versions even more special, like as well as four cover choices, poster and slipcase, they include art cards, make the release numbered etc, I would happily pay a little more than a fiver for a decent limited release.

So make the limited versions more special (and collectible), mark the price up a little to justify it, then - hopefully - everyone gets what they want. Thoughts?
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:06 AM
Active Cultist

I haven't bought an arrow DVD for a while. Do they normally stick all the extras on a second disc to maximise the quality of the film on disc 1?

If this is the case then all those extras, plus a film, on the unlimited DVD disc is gonna be pretty tight - right?
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

From what I gathered from the HBTC announcement, the DVD copy is just the film disc?
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Won't be the same artwork though, we'd lose 2 panels (I love having a choice of 4).
We would settle for two if they whould spend a little more time in making them better.
Old 23rd March 2012, 04:34 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnToZero View Post
We would settle for two if they whould spend a little more time in making them better.
Which takes me back to my "run the artwork by myself and Reaper first" post.
ReturnToZero likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!