All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Baseball Fury

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2012, 10:20 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default Arrow Academy - Miracle in Milan

I hope someone can help with this question as well:

On Amazon, the Blu-ray is displayed like the AV Unlimited Editions (i.e. without slipcase)
On the Arrow Films website it's displeayed like all the other AA releases (i.e. with slipcase)

Can someone please ask Arrow if the release will have a slipcase with the typical window or not?

THX!
Old 25th March 2012, 11:23 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
I hope someone can help with this question as well:

On Amazon, the Blu-ray is displayed like the AV Unlimited Editions (i.e. without slipcase)
On the Arrow Films website it's displeayed like all the other AA releases (i.e. with slipcase)

Can someone please ask Arrow if the release will have a slipcase with the typical window or not?

THX!
The pictures on Amazon.co.uk and on Arrow Films' website are identical (at least now).

Arrow Academy: Miracle in Milan [Dual Format]

Miracle in Milan +II Tetto Dual Format Edition Blu-ray 1951: Amazon.co.uk: Emma Gramatica, Francesco Golisano, Paolo Stoppa, Vittorio De Sica: Film & TV

Judging from the picture I'd say that the new Dual Format Arrow Academy releases will come without the slipcase, unfortunately.

Greetings!
Old 25th March 2012, 01:56 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Right, they must've updated this

...though the original packshot is still on their server:
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/images/t...compressed.jpg

well, seems like I can cancel my order now - since I only gut the previous releases because they went well next to the AV library.
Old 4th April 2012, 07:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Right, they must've updated this

...though the original packshot is still on their server:
http://www.arrowfilms.co.uk/images/t...compressed.jpg

well, seems like I can cancel my order now - since I only gut the previous releases because they went well next to the AV library.
I may not bother with the Academy ones either now too, it was only the OCD side of me that made me buy the series in the first place. I liked that it was introducing new films to me and all but it was the box packaging that I loved to buy for the uniformity.
I just don't have the money to keep buying them if they're just the standard cases as there are other films that I know and love that I want in my collection first.
I may pick them up eventually though if a good enough deal comes to light

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 4th April 2012, 11:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Only buying films like Rififi, The Bicycle Thieves and Les Diaboliques because they were in nice cases is criminal.
Old 4th April 2012, 11:34 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Only buying films like Rififi, The Bicycle Thieves and Les Diaboliques because they were in nice cases is criminal.
I know it's bad but I'd never heard of a lot of these classics but because of the nice packaging I got drawn to them and now I own them and love them. If it wasn't for the boxes I may well have completely overlooked them. It's sad but it's true

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 6th April 2012, 11:36 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Let's put it like that: The packaging opened up these classics for people who wouldn't have bothered with them without the cases ... so maybe they've served their purpose. I also wouldn't bother with the Masters of Cinema edition if the releases wouldn't be packaged in Steelbooks ... but through that I've found some magnificent films that I really loved...
Old 6th April 2012, 12:17 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Let's put it like that: The packaging opened up these classics for people who wouldn't have bothered with them without the cases ... so maybe they've served their purpose. I also wouldn't bother with the Masters of Cinema edition if the releases wouldn't be packaged in Steelbooks ... but through that I've found some magnificent films that I really loved...

Greetings!
Old 6th April 2012, 01:38 PM
Active Cultist

people say they have ocd all the time around here when all they mean is they love collecting things..i actually have ocd and it isn't much fun just saying.
the arrow academy selection is fantastic, i bought and watched them all recently, great stuff i hope there will be alot more of them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!