Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2012, 09:46 AM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

All the Arrow threads have a sense of Groundhog's Day to me.
Pete and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 27th November 2012, 09:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Everyone shut up and drool over this -

Old 27th November 2012, 10:07 AM
Seasoned Cultist

I have already seen some comments about the Arrow release having a brighter image, and don´t have BU´s cranked up colors. So these folks actually are okey with scanner noise/DNR/Cropping instead?

Yes, the Arrow disc is brighter, but it´s also seems to be perfect in every other areas. And looking at those screens, the brightness seems to be where it was on the earlier transfers I grew up with.

Just look at the hair on the close ups of the characters, on the BU disc it´s soft and smudgy, and on the Arrow disc those finedetails are intact.

Even if the colors and brightness was the same as the BU disc, those folks would stil complain
Daemonia likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:13 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Of all the extras I think the Stephen Thrower commentary is the one I'm really looking forward to...he's been great on past DVDs like the Mondo Macabro Franco discs and the Video Nasties DVD, and the man certainly knows his Fulci...
Sam and Slippery Jack like this.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:43 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel76 View Post
I have already seen some comments about the Arrow release having a brighter image, and don´t have BU´s cranked up colors. So these folks actually are okey with scanner noise/DNR/Cropping instead?

Yes, the Arrow disc is brighter, but it´s also seems to be perfect in every other areas. And looking at those screens, the brightness seems to be where it was on the earlier transfers I grew up with.

Just look at the hair on the close ups of the characters, on the BU disc it´s soft and smudgy, and on the Arrow disc those finedetails are intact.

Even if the colors and brightness was the same as the BU disc, those folks
would stil complain

All of the reviews so far point to the Arrow release being as close in keeping with the original camera negative as possible so I'm going to take any issues like brightness or yellow smearing in the shark vs zombie scene as problems with the way it was shot in the first place
Daemonia and antmumford like this.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Hey Arrow, if you could fix it for me to recieve my copy on saturday, just I'm gonna be away from home for three weeks from sunday 2nd. Cheers . . .
PaulD likes this.
Old 27th November 2012, 10:51 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've cancelled my order for the standard BD edition of ZFE and re-ordered the DVD edition at HMV for the poster and the praticality of viewing the film & extras on my handy DVD player.I'll get the standard BD at a later date, possibly in an Arrow sale or suchlike.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Gino De Rossi piece is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Can't be bothered with the commentary's - heard quite enough from critics over the years on Fulci that I don't need to hear any more.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 27th November 2012, 11:04 AM
Active Cultist

If Arrow have already had all the standard BD posters printed then could they not send them out to those of us who provide a proof of purchase of the standard BD?

Could a moderator find out? :-)
Old 27th November 2012, 11:07 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
The Gino De Rossi piece is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Can't be bothered with the commentary's - heard quite enough on Fulci over the years that I don't need to hear any more.
That's the one I'm most looking forward to seeing too.I don't think I've ever listened to a commentary all the way through.

Like this? Share it using the links below!