Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th December 2012, 08:04 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezombiedead View Post
the blu ray is awesome my only real complaint is the under water scene had all this yellow crap spattering all around the screen i dont remember ever seeing that on the dvd releases in the past but yea other than that it was a very natural print of the movie with no waxy dnr going on which im gratefuller for

also has anyone watched it in Italian with the subs its intresting to see as some of the dialog is completely different like in the scene with peter west talking to his boss instead of fulci saying try to keep the British out of your pose just coz your uncle bought the paper he ses try not to fall in love with some tart and a many other things like that which is actually pretty cool and has a more European kind of dialect going on

it also syncs up much better even when the English actors are speaking which is something i have noticed in Italian dubs it seams italian is pretty flexible when dubbing the English language or maybe their technique of dubbing is better than ours

anyway i can safely say i do not regret buying this blu ray
The yellow crap is actually damage to the negative, removable if you fancy watching the film all waxy!
Old 6th December 2012, 08:39 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The yellow crap is actually damage to the negative, removable if you fancy watching the film all waxy!
i thought as much

its cool like i say that was my only real problem and its something that cant be helped its just it took me of guard as i have never seen that on this movie before

take note of all the other things i sed which where all positive

was that print damage ever on the dvd releases i assume it may of been but due to lower bit rate it wasn't as noticeable

did anyone ever notice on the blue underground and shreek show dvds that thir was a few frames missing from a shot when the zombies are walking round the back of the church i was looking for that on this blu ray and it didn't happen .......which was nice
Old 6th December 2012, 08:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezombiedead View Post
i thought as much

its cool like i say that was my only real problem and its something that cant be helped its just it took me of guard as i have never seen that on this movie before

take note of all the other things i sed which where all positive

was that print damage ever on the dvd releases i assume it may of been but due to lower bit rate it wasn't as noticeable

did anyone ever notice on the blue underground and shreek show dvds that thir was a few frames missing from a shot when the zombies are walking round the back of the church i was looking for that on this blu ray and it didn't happen .......which was nice
It was on the BU blu ray, so it was persistent enough that it couldn't be DNR'd out.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 6th December 2012, 09:04 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger View Post
It was on the BU blu ray, so it was persistent enough that it couldn't be DNR'd out.
ic i aint watched the whole BU blu ray only seen screen caps i didn't like the look of it much id say arrow win this one hands down a 7.1 DTS sound mix would of been a nice bonus but the mono mix is very good and natural sounding i hear the BU disk has a 7.1 mix but has all kinds of hocky newly added sound effects that dont belong so i would take the mono mix over that any day so no biggy

there is little to complain about and a lot to be happy about

i noticed a lot of zombie Holocaust talk going on in the features and even easta eggs could this be a futer release for arrow if so i would love it if it also had the dr butcher cut of the film
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 6th December 2012, 09:19 AM
Seasoned Cultist

The bookilet alone is worth the price! It is well done all the way, good pictures, good texts (as far as I read ) and it also has that certain smell

I am so happy with this release! And the watching should happen soon, maybe next time my wiiU Controller need recharging
Old 6th December 2012, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
U will see me in the papers as the Maniac ala Joe Spinell of Cardiff if I dont get my copy soon!
Give me a shout and I'll come down and be your sidekick, like Otis in Henry.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The Limited Edition 4 panel BD is only available from the Arrow Website. I think you'll find when you go to collect it that's it's just the standard BD they have.

I collected my steel case ZFE but you were right on the other pre order though they never kept me any other BD or DVD release in its place as they were sold out.
One good thing though , £15 and not £29.99 as I was quoted when I pre ordered.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:45 PM
Cult Addict

Still nothing. Had a little nose in HMV earlier. Thought at least I cou ld have a little perv at a copy while I wait for mine. Not a single copy, steelbook, standard blu or even DVD in the whole place.
Old 6th December 2012, 12:48 PM
Cultist

Got my limited edition today! I'm a happy man

Hope everyone gets their copies soon, I was getting worried where my copy had got to
Old 6th December 2012, 12:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

No ZFE today either...
If the mailman don´t bring it to me tomorrow, I will feast upon his flesh!
hallo37 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!