Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st December 2012, 07:35 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post
OK as we now know it's an error what are the chances of getting a disc replacement?

It appears that this feature of having 3 opening titles has a lot to answer for as it was sited as the cause of the disc originally being delayed and now we discover it's also cost us the opening shot of the film.

Do we really need 3 sets of opening titles anyway? seems a but gimmicky to me and this time it comes at a high cost
Hopefully they will do what they did with the beyond and send out replacement discs. Just wonder what they will do about the people still waiting for their copies even now!
Old 31st December 2012, 10:22 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Yep, just as I thought, a mistake on the blu-ray. Sorry to people who don't care about the missing footage, but it's a ****up, pure and simple. A mistake's clearly been made at the authoring when they've decided to do the branching. Maybe the guy doing it didn't like the opening shot, and decided to toss some of it away.
Yeah, obviously had no time for the New York skyline, perhaps a childhood trauma Still find it really odd that the missing footage isn't on the video stream. Almost like the start of the movie was causing some odd problem on the branching, couldn't find a proper solution so tried to fudge it? Either that or the author didn't have the full file to begin with?

I would be really interested to hear what's actually happened as I've spent many a hair tearing afternoon on disc authoring.

Be interesting to know the full extent of why branching was causing a delay as well. In theory, it should have been a pretty straightforward function.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:28 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I wonder does anyone at Arrow actually watch a check disc or know the content of the films they're releasing? I know that's sweeping but after not noticing the Beyond debacle, which was so bleeding obvious...
I think someone will check them but how thorough they are and how closely they were involved with the project originally might be questionable. I would think they would certainly check the disc functionality in terms of making sure everything is pointing the right direction in terms of menu buttons etc. Someone may have checked the branching and they would be happy that it had worked, like most were before the error was pointed out. If that person wasn't super familiar with the film then.....
Old 31st December 2012, 10:36 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam tyler View Post

Do we really need 3 sets of opening titles anyway? seems a but gimmicky to me and this time it comes at a high cost
I would agree. A poll on the forum would have sufficed. Then again, I'm sure there's loads of folk out there who will have been delighted with the idea.
Old 31st December 2012, 10:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I would've been quite happy with just the Zombie Flesh Eaters title personally, I have the BU Blu Ray and the SS DVD for the Zombie title & the Italian Shock DVD for the Zombi 2 title.
As for the **** up, I'm sure we'll get a response from Arrow once the New Year holidays are over, so me saying the other day that they're being rude and ignorant for not replying to Stephen's Facebook post was probably a bit harsh. And, as time's gone on the missing 6 seconds has started to bother me, like others have said, if it was 6 seconds of gore that was missing then there would be an outrage, so I hope they send out replacement discs.
What I want to know is will they send out one disc per person, because I have 2 copies of the steelbook and the LE Slipcase edition?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st December 2012, 11:49 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I'd be very surprised if replacement diss were sent out. Dunno why but just a hunch I have.
Old 31st December 2012, 11:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

I wonder how long it'll be until PoochJD appears somewhere to say: "I told you so!".
Rik, Justin101 and robertzombie like this.
Old 31st December 2012, 12:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'd be very surprised if replacement diss were sent out. Dunno why but just a hunch I have.
I've been thinking the same thing
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 31st December 2012, 01:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I wonder how long it'll be until PoochJD appears somewhere to say: "I told you so!".
Old 31st December 2012, 01:22 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I've been thinking the same thing
tbh, I don't think they will either. They've spent so much money bringing this out, I doubt they get it fixed and give people free discs. They only thing I see happening, is them correcting it for the next run they manufacture, and if people want it, they'll need to buy it again.

Like this? Share it using the links below!