Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels > Arrow Video > Arrow Archives
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree2132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2013, 05:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hmmmmm, me thinks the people who just sent them normal mail have lost them forever......
Nah be cool...they're probably still working through them or rather she (Lisa) who we sent FAO is working through them on her own, hence the delay
Old 12th February 2013, 05:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hmmmmm, me thinks the people who just sent them normal mail have lost them forever......
Yeah, Arrow will just say 'It's not our fault!' Whilst piling their returned discs from us onto the bonfire to hide the evidence.

Thinking about it, if we do lose our discs, and Arrow won't replace them - then that means we have to buy them again. Good sales tactic from Arrow!
Old 12th February 2013, 05:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Yeah, Arrow will just say 'It's not our fault!' Whilst piling their returned discs from us onto the bonfire to hide the evidence.

Thinking about it, if we do lose our discs, and Arrow won't replace them - then that means we have to buy them again. Good sales tactic from Arrow!
or flogging them?
Daemonia likes this.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:37 PM
Cult Addict

I sent mine regular 2nd class and kept the recipt of postage. If the disc HAD gone missing i'd just fill out a complaint form with the royal mail and send it off with proof of how much the disc cost, then the damnned post office could pay for a replacement.

Fortunately I got mine pretty quickly, though I had been in contact with arrow regarding the doubled disc on house by the cemetary. A polite but annoyed e-mail does wonders in my experience.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:50 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I just know that Arrow are going to fumble this and I'll end up with a steelbook and no film in it! I'll go ****ing nuts if they've cost me a lost disc and I'm forced to buy it again and then return that one if it's faulty. Arrow are really starting to piss me off now. They're causing me undue hassle by not simply accepting a bill of sale as proof that you bought the film in question. No, we have to send them in and then risk losing our purchases altogether.
This is exactly what worries me. Having to send off your disc is a risky thing to do, even if you post it recorded and know they received it, what if it goes missing when arrow post the disc back to you (do they send it recorded?).

I'm in two minds whether or not to participate in this exchange. One things for sure I'll never pre-order another arrow title again, I'll just wait a few months down the line to make sure there's no screw-ups.
Daemonia, Andra Jai and Zann like this.
Old 12th February 2013, 06:10 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashy View Post
One things for sure I'll never pre-order another arrow title again, I'll just wait a few months down the line to make sure there's no screw-ups.
My policy even before ZFE but the initial reviews were great and then a few weeks after the release date...dun, dun, daaah 6 seconds missing. Want Lisa and The Devil but won't commit anytime soon.
Old 12th February 2013, 06:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

With a fair number of people here who didn't send recorded and are still waiting surely even Arrow can't claim that they have all been lost in the post or not received.

Coincidences of that magnitude would be hard for even them to try and pull off.

Plus it would mean another round of complaints on their facebook page.

In saying that, I imagine some of their fan boys would soon be there stating that expecting a replacement disc in exchange for your old one is totally unreasonable as we are risking the company going under and causing people to loose their jobs....blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada!
Old 12th February 2013, 06:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Well that was fun reading! I'd forgotten all about this issue, and just finished reading through the past 40 pages of posts Went from outrage and threatened legal action, to a dramatic U-turn, hilarious nautical puns, facebook twattery, and now the damp squib ending to the dramatic saga: folk get their replacement discs back and are happy with them.

I was never bothered about the boat guff, but as it's now free to get fixed, it'd be foolish not to . . .
Demdike@Cult Labs and Zann like this.
Old 12th February 2013, 07:21 PM
Active Cultist

Have sent my disc today via first class unrecorded mail. Just hoping it doesn't go MIA and I get my replacement disc without any hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12th February 2013, 08:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Default ???

not been keeping up with this....have people had problems getting a replacement?? sent mine back over a week ago and so far nothing has returned.

Like this? Share it using the links below!