Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Arrow Archives (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=574)
-   -   Baise-Moi - Specs Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/arrow-archives/9917-baise-moi-specs-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th February 2013 12:03 PM

Cut or uncut its still a terrible piece of artwork.

Makes the film look like a comic book shoot em' up on the lines of well, Shoot em' Up or Wanted.

Pete 7th February 2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 319752)
Cut or uncut its still a terrible piece of artwork.

Makes the film look like a comic book shoot em' up on the lines of well, Shoot em' Up or Wanted.

A picture of some dog poo would be more accurate :nod:

Rik 7th February 2013 12:19 PM

Ichi or Baise Moi?

Pete 7th February 2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 319751)
Maybe, but the rape at the start is more violent so it could cause problems

Add French subs to it and it'll fly through!

Pete 7th February 2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 319754)
Ichi or Baise Moi?

Baise-Moi.

Rik 7th February 2013 12:25 PM

Thought so, I've only seen it once via Netflix and I wasn't overly impressed at all, I doubt seeing the full uncut version would make a difference.
It's up for pre-order at Amazon for £9 for those that are interested.

Baise-moi [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th February 2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 319758)
Thought so, I've only seen it once via Netflix and I wasn't overly impressed at all, I doubt seeing the full uncut version would make a difference.
It's up for pre-order at Amazon for £9 for those that are interested.

Baise-moi [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

I've had the uncut dvd for years and only seen it once.

g053584398 7th February 2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 319738)
Am I alone in thinking that if Baise Moi wasn't a subtitled foreign film it wouldn't have been uncut?

The BBFC has always rated films with class bias in mind, at least in unofficial terms. You would never get anyone who has worked for them to admit to that, but it is really quite apparent. The idea is that only middle-class types watch foreign language films, whilst the working class stick to English language films because they lack the intelligence, finesse and cultural leanings for such things has always been there.

Well I hate to challenge the stereotypical notion, but I'm working class, intelligent and culturally aware and assumptions like that annoy me.

I'm pretty pleased that Baise-Moi has been passed uncut though and will be ordering that one at some point.

Daemonia 7th February 2013 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 319760)
I've had the uncut dvd for years and only seen it once.

And once was enough for me. Overhyped garbage that sells itself on shock value. And, yes, initially it is a bit shocking, but once you get past that you discover that the film has no substance, no heart, no real tangible philosophy - except that if you're abused it gives you cause to go and abuse others. Nihilistic and pointless. It's purely been made to shock and appall and serves no other purpose as far as I can see. Now, ordinarly I'd say that that's not always a bad thing, but this has just been made for cheap shocks IMO.

Just my personal opinion, mind. I know that some people appreciate the film, I'm just not one of them.

Prince_Vajda 7th February 2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 319789)
And once was enough for me. Overhyped garbage that sells itself on shock value. And, yes, initially it is a bit shocking, but once you get past that you discover that the film has no substance, no heart, no real tangible philosophy - except that if you're abused it gives you cause to go and abuse others. Nihilistic and pointless. It's purely been made to shock and appall and serves no other purpose as far as I can see. Now, ordinarly I'd say that that's not always a bad thing, but this has just been made for cheap shocks IMO.

Just my personal opinion, mind. I know that some people appreciate the film, I'm just not one of them.

Well said, couldn't agree more. :nod:

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2