Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Books, Magazines & Comics (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   The Film Books Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/books-magazines-comics/215-film-books-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th September 2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 610704)
From Waterstones in Manchester. It was a long time ago. Basically left overs from an event with Suzuki.

I don't know if they still do that - have authors sign extra copies to sell in the store afterwards

It was a great find because something like that would now likely cost a small fortune on eBay or Amazon marketplace.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th September 2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 610705)
It was a great find because something like that would now likely cost a small fortune on eBay or Amazon marketplace.

Hopefully so will the Dario Argento book i've just bought from FAB Press.

Not that either of them will ever be on Ebay.

Rik 8th September 2019 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 610700)
Are they now autographed by Dario with a book plate? That's how i'm reading it on the website.

Yeah, there was no mention of them being signed when I preordered weeks ago so this is a nice little bonus

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th September 2019 02:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This came in the post today:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th September 2019 02:46 PM

Very nice. I look forward to receiving mine, hopefully later on this week.

Rik 9th September 2019 06:51 PM

Mine came today too, number 156. I’m not getting started on in yet though because the new Stephen King novel is out this week and I want to read that first

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th September 2019 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 610801)
Mine came today too, number 156. I’m not getting started on in yet though because the new Stephen King novel is out this week and I want to read that first

I plan to get it later this week. No doubt i'll be the suspicious character examining every book for indiscretions in Sainsburys.

Rik 9th September 2019 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 610806)
I plan to get it later this week. No doubt i'll be the suspicious character examining every book for indiscretions in Sainsburys.

Mines supposed to arrive tomorrow from Amazon, but they haven’t dispatched it yet, so I doubt it will

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th September 2019 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 610801)
Mine came today too, number 156.

Heh, mine is number 158. It's surprising that two books purchased by two people so far apart could be so close in edition number.

Rik 9th September 2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 610811)
Heh, mine is number 158. It's surprising that two books purchased by two people so far apart could be so close in edition number.

Ha, what are the chances of that!