Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Bronx Warriors Trilogy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th December 2009, 07:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentophile View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Now I cant wait to get my set. And you just cost me a shit ton of money trying to finishing my collection LOL
sorry, i finished most of my collection when hmv were selling them online all for £5 each, i think they still are!
Old 12th December 2009, 11:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Smalls View Post
Yeah I also cancelled my online order last night...because I'm impatient.
I got sick of waiting too!

So i travelled to HMV in the city centre this morning and they had two tins on the shelves.
I hurried to the nearby library and couldn't cancel my online order quick enough. Then i dashed back to HMV and snapped up both tins. One to watch and one as a back up copy.

For me simply getting the item now took presidence over saving just £4 buying over the 'net!
I can live with the slight extra expense incurred purchasing from the high street retailer.

And the end result? Another satisfied customer and one gorgeous looking package!
Here's hoping the BW trilogy tin sells like hot cakes and well done to all involved in putting this superb release together.
Old 12th December 2009, 12:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I also checked HMV in Gateshead's Metro Centre earlier today and they must've had over 10 copies of the BW trilogy tin on their shelves.
Old 12th December 2009, 01:31 PM
Active Cultist

Watched Bronx Warriors last night. Absolutely brilliant. Can't thank shameless enough for this set. Awesome!
Old 12th December 2009, 03:55 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

This is all thrilling feedback and very humbling for Shameless - there was a lot of worry over doing the tin and would anyone want these films again and so on but everyone seems to be having a lot of fun with these titles and that's what we all surely want? Money is tight these days for all of us yet the world is also rather depressing so if any company is going to put out products in entertainment and ask for people to spend their hard-earned cash I think they're beholden to try and create something that gives everyone a bit of quality escapsim.

Love those pics BSlicer!
Old 12th December 2009, 04:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And that's the reason why we continue to shell out for Shameless titles.Going that extra bit further by getting suggestions by fans for titles we'd like to see and letting us get involved in the releases etc is what makes Shameless and Arrow just that little bit more special than other companies.For instance,going into hmv and picking up the DOTD blu-ray and seeing a certain piece of art used made me want to say to the cashier there,hey,I had a little influence on that cover.I'm sure i'm not the only one that feels like that and as long as Shameless and Arrow video titles are out there,we'll contuinue to support and purchase
Old 12th December 2009, 05:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
This is all thrilling feedback and very humbling for Shameless - there was a lot of worry over doing the tin and would anyone want these films again and so on but everyone seems to be having a lot of fun with these titles and that's what we all surely want? Money is tight these days for all of us yet the world is also rather depressing so if any company is going to put out products in entertainment and ask for people to spend their hard-earned cash I think they're beholden to try and create something that gives everyone a bit of quality escapsim.

Love those pics BSlicer!
thank you!, doing the tin was a great idea, i have been showing it to everybody!
Old 12th December 2009, 05:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I watched Bronx Warriors and i liked it a bit more than when i first saw it but its nowhere near as good as Escape From the Bronx!(which i watched again last night).

The transfer for BW is superb, much better than the previous Vipco disc. The sound is a bit low but it didn't ruin it for me.

It was good to finnaly see a 16x9 edition of Escape and there was certiainly no problems with sound on this one. Even though they are brief or unimportant, its great that you bothered to restore those two scenes. Much appreciated! I also watched this with the 'fact' track on and well done to Paul for an interesting read.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 12th December 2009, 09:11 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Just be careful you don't receive a visit from the Hammer......
I'm playing with fire...and I love it.
Old 12th December 2009, 10:19 PM
Cult Rookie

Got an email from hmw that said that the bronx warriors box is out of stock!!! I prebooked a month ago and reading about that the had boxes on the shelfes in the store! Don´t a prebook means that you booked a thing as soon as it´s arrives before they sell it in the store?

Like this? Share it using the links below!