Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Cannibal Holocaust
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree113Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th May 2011, 06:24 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
It was basically that except as one block of text without the hyperlinks and formatting which that one now has. It was clearly moved sometime today and put in with the rest of the information and documentation which is why the original link doesn't work.

Thanks very much for finding that and posting it.
Old 11th May 2011, 07:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

many thanks to 'PaulD' for re-finding it, makes encouraging reading, almost like the bbfc will now be even helping out us horror fans by only cutting when they absolutley have to, if so that's superb news for shed load of nasties and other snipped 18 rated films, no need to make meaningless cuts to 'adult' rated films on disc anymore, god i hope this sticks, with only sexual violence that is clearly meant to be erotic a big problem, tho animals scenes wich are prolonged will still go, christ, i sound like a spokesman for the bbfc, sorry bout that, just a happy puppy...see you in the que to buy 'holocaust' in september.
Old 11th May 2011, 07:38 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Hmmmm, only "when they have to"? that should read, "only when a scene contravines the law". That's when I'll be truly happy!
Old 11th May 2011, 08:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Hmmmm, only "when they have to"? that should read, "only when a scene contravines the law". That's when I'll be truly happy!
Too true. All too often films are being cut because they contravene 'BBFC guidelines' or 'BBFC policy' rather than British law.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

yep, couldn't agree more...but, the turtle scene going thru intact seems to signal some sort of seed change at the bbfc, i would have bet huge dosh at the bookies that the turtle and monkey scene would never see the light of day in a 18 uk release, so it's hard to see them snipping every bloody action movie of a few seconds to justify their existence anymore, be funny if all this is because some bbfc matey's on holiday and a welfare to work peep has been left in charge due to gov. Budget cuts, heh heh.
Old 12th May 2011, 02:59 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sorry to go off topic here, but wouldn't it be a pisstake if Shameless contacted the BBFC advisory board again and were now told that New York Ripper would get through uncut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12th May 2011, 05:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

good point 'Stephen', Fulci's 'nightmare concert' banned outright in 98/99 passed uncut few years later, why censorship is so daft, be cool to see Shameless get hold of 'Ferox' and submit it, just cause 'Holocaust' is the much better work shouldn't mean it gets an easier ride, snake/muskrat scene would still go but Kerova's end might squeak thru as more torture than erotic, but won't hold my breath, interesting none the less to see how their treatment would compare, just off now to have some turtle soup.
Old 12th May 2011, 06:05 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
good point 'Stephen', Fulci's 'nightmare concert' banned outright in 98/99 passed uncut few years later, why censorship is so daft, be cool to see Shameless get hold of 'Ferox' and submit it, just cause 'Holocaust' is the much better work shouldn't mean it gets an easier ride, snake/muskrat scene would still go but Kerova's end might squeak thru as more torture than erotic, but won't hold my breath, interesting none the less to see how their treatment would compare, just off now to have some turtle soup.
Agreed, would love to see a yellow box on Ferox
Old 12th May 2011, 12:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

indeed, what a box set 'ferox' and 'holo' would be, a must buy if ever there was one, on an almost bizzare off topic, I saw that the bbfc where advertising for staff to help in their archive dept, so yes... I sent off my c.v. via e-mail, how's that for off-topic, I will post further when/if anything comes of it, if you fancy it, only restriction is over 18's only, now off to hide from flames and zombies sent by members.
Old 12th May 2011, 12:24 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
indeed, what a box set 'ferox' and 'holo' would be, a must buy if ever there was one, on an almost bizzare off topic, I saw that the bbfc where advertising for staff to help in their archive dept, so yes... I sent off my c.v. via e-mail, how's that for off-topic, I will post further when/if anything comes of it, if you fancy it, only restriction is over 18's only, now off to hide from flames and zombies sent by members.
That's a great idea to apply. I was going to look into it if I was to lose my current job. You get to watch uncut films all day, what better job could you ask for?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!