Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th December 2009, 10:43 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

He suggests 'hugging a hoodie' which confirms my suspicions even further that not only is he an alien but he is also a suicidal one.
Old 14th December 2009, 10:56 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd recommend MUGGING a hoodie....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th December 2009, 11:03 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Apparently Cameron's favourite film is Lawrence Of Arabia. So maybe he meant 'buggering a hoodie'.
Old 15th December 2009, 07:26 PM
Ex-member

A real surprise, because it was so drawn out and in your face (ha ha), was the shotgun rubbed over a woman's body and then shoved, hard and deep and moved back and forth, into her mouth... in the otherwise barely average "Manhunt".

I remember when any such thing got instantly cut. Be it a knife moved over a body or a gun even too near a mouth.
Old 15th December 2009, 09:52 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Ferman would have cut it sure. He had numerous problems with gun-in-mouth scenes in the bad old days (The Hills Have Eyes, The Driver, Once Upon A Time In America etc).

Surprisingly he never cut the shots of Christopher Lee caressing Maud Adams's body & face with the gun in Man With The Golden Gun.
Old 16th December 2009, 06:33 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The gun the mouth scene in Hills have Eyes got through intact at the cinema but was later cut from video. Fortunately they don't mkake cuts like this anymore.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:55 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The cinema cuts to Hills were pretty mild really and were all restored for video. I wonder how far off a 15 rating is for this today.
Old 16th December 2009, 05:41 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I would say still a few years off yet.

The caravan attack involving Pluto, Mars and Brenda (as well as her realistic screaming) is still pretty vicious. I think it's mainly this scene, the rest is fairly mild by today's standards. The sequel could get a 15 quite easily.
Old 16th December 2009, 07:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Sounds like it might just happen. It will be very disappointing if the BBFC are forced to start cutting films again like they did pre 2000. It's definitely not something they would want to do.

David Cameron has already said that he would take a closer look at the BBFC. Sounds like trouble to me.
The BBFC are an independent body are they not? Cameron couldn't 'force' the BBFC to start cutting films like before, without introducing new laws to do so? Would the film buying public stand for this? I doubt it. As has been mentioned, this would only help to put ( particularly smaller ) dvd releasing companies out of business. So i would hope those in the business world would be more vocal in their opposition this time round too.

Things have moved on since the last Tory mob were in power. Cameron can't turn the clock back to the 80s ( thank Christ ) so this would all be pretty pointless.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:03 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Agreed. When The Beast From Finchley & The Grey Man were in power last it was still pretty much a case of hunting down those uncut versions via pirate video dealers. These days with the internet and even online viewing it makes things much easier. It would be self-defeating and pointless for Cameron's Cronies to 'toughen up' the BBFC.

Like this? Share it using the links below!