Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th December 2009, 12:36 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
To be honest I would sooner have my eyelids stapled to Ann Widdecombe's arse.
The Bad Lieutenant remake is getting some good advance reviews. Looks like it might actually be worth checking out. I'd like to see what Cage and Besson(?) come up with to rival Kietel's tour-de-force performance in the original.
Old 1st January 2010, 11:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
The Bad Lieutenant remake is getting some good advance reviews. Looks like it might actually be worth checking out. I'd like to see what Cage and Besson(?) come up with to rival Kietel's tour-de-force performance in the original.
Does look pretty good.As I understand it,the director,Werner Herzog was forced to use the title Bad Lieutenant by the producers to cash in on the Harvey Keitel movie and has never seen the original,so in that respect it's not really a remake,just another cop dealing with his personal demons.
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:01 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Watched Resi Evil Extintion BluRay tonite cert 15 bbfc / 18 irish censor and was surprised how violent and gorey it was for a 15 cert.
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Watched Resi Evil Extintion BluRay tonite cert 15 bbfc / 18 irish censor and was surprised how violent and gorey it was for a 15 cert.
A 15 is similar to what it was given around the world. In France it was a 12.
Yes the BBFC do allow much stronger violence in 15s compared to what they used to likewise the 18 as well. Resident Evils fantasy setting would no doubt have been a mitigating factor. They would be a lot stricter on films dealing with real life violence.

Last edited by Angel; 3rd January 2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:23 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

I thought Extinction was the best of the otherwise disappointing Resident Evil films. The 15 rating seemed fine to me.
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
To be honest I would sooner have my eyelids stapled to Ann Widdecombe's arse.
lmao

Yeah I aint a fan of Cage, that comedy wickerman trailer on youtube makes me laugh all the time, its a classic
I not watched it but after seeing that vid I made sure I aint seen it..it looks dreadfull.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 3rd January 2010, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I not watched it but after seeing that vid I made sure I aint seen it..it looks dreadfull.
It's a bit like jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing. Only more painful.
Old 3rd January 2010, 01:57 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
lmao

Yeah I aint a fan of Cage, that comedy wickerman trailer on youtube makes me laugh all the time, its a classic
The Wicker Man remake was not only the worst remake ever, but possibly one of the worst films ever made. It's appallingly bad - not even so-bad-it's-good bad. When Nic Cage utters the line 'Step away from the bicycle' I just couldn't believe what I was seeing/hearing. Then there's Ellen Burstyn's HUUUUGE book with 'Witchcraft' (or something along those lines) in BIG letters on it, which is kind of a giveaway. But poor, blind Cage doesn't notice this massive clue. I bought it and had to give it away as fast as I could. Even having the DVD in the house made me feel uncomfortable.
Old 3rd January 2010, 02:08 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Tell me about it! I had to sit through that stinker at the cinema. I should've scooped / sucked my eyes out with the drink straw, at least it would have been less painful.
Old 3rd January 2010, 06:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I thought Extinction was the best of the otherwise disappointing Resident Evil films. The 15 rating seemed fine to me.
I was surprised it got an 18 in Ireland . I thought they'd relaxed they're censorship down there.
The last horror 15 I watched was in the Ferman days so the content of R E Extinction was quite a shock at that rating, especially in hi def.

Like this? Share it using the links below!