Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > VHS & Exploitation > Censorship
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2013, 02:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Very strong language ('c**t') is also used.
Nice So that word goes beyond 'very strong' maybe they should say "extremely strong" or "strongest of the strong" . . .
Old 16th February 2013, 03:53 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
The BBFC are going into human cloning now . . . ?
As long as they don't clone Mary Whitehouse they can do what they like
Old 17th February 2013, 12:47 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
As long as they don't clone Mary Whitehouse they can do what they like
Mary Lighthouse DID have some good points!

From the Alice Cooper forum:

"Alice has stated that 'Mary Ann' [from 'Billion Dollar Babies'] was written about infamous UK moral crusader Mary Whitehouse"

"New Musical Express - 2nd June 1973

Abse V. Alice - Hypocrisy?
LEO ABSE, the M.P. for Pontypool, is another of those individuals clearly bent on restricting the public's freedom of choice. He announced last week plans to revoke Alice Cooper's entry permit for his forthcoming British tour.
Not to be outdone, Mary Whitehouse's National Viewers and Listeners Association eagerly climbed aboard the Abse bandwagon - completely overlooking the fact that Cooper has no plans for a British tour in the immediate future and has not even applied for an entry permit.

Seems that Abse objects to Cooper's "commercial exploitation of masochism" - including his bizarre make-up, smashing up of toy babies, mock executions and tangling with a snake. If these are his main worries, maybe he should also try to ban Punch and Judy, whose show has included the same features for decades past.

As it happens nothing further had been heard at Press time of Abse's Parliamentary clarion call - presumably because the Commons have been too busy contemplating their own internal sex scandal. Which should be an indication to Abse that, before criticising others, he should see that his own House is in order. "

"Alice has been on BBC1's 'top' music show a couple of times. First was performing 'School's Out' in 1972. This performance caused moral watchdog Mary Whitehouse to call for the band to be banned. Apparently she didn't like Alice's sword."

Without Ms. Shitehouse kicking up a storm, maybe Alice would never have grown to be as popular as he is!!
Gothmogxx likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th March 2013, 04:03 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Here is our chance to voice opinions- Have an opinion about film censorship or classification? Tell the BBFC – Telegraph Blogs

Edit: Its not what it looks like, its only asking questions about BBFC insight page. Sorry folks!

Last edited by Gothmogxx; 6th March 2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 6th March 2013, 05:43 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Just completed the questionaire, all it was really asking was about the BBFC insight page, and have we ever disagreed with a classification for a particular film.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Realm-...43030832454357
Old 6th March 2013, 07:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonT View Post
Just completed the questionaire, all it was really asking was about the BBFC insight page, and have we ever disagreed with a classification for a particular film.
Yeah I didn't see the part during my first read
Old 7th March 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Bit of lame ego-boosting here but thought I'd might as well post my views on the BBFC as read out by Mark Kermode on his BBC video blog

edit: ah it's at 2:30. you can't link to a mid-point in a video on here apparently.
Rik, Demoncrat and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 7th March 2013, 02:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Bit of lame ego-boosting here but thought I'd might as well post my views on the BBFC as read out by Mark Kermode on his BBC video blog

edit: ah it's at 2:30. you can't link to a mid-point in a video on here apparently.
ooh, "very well argued" swit-swoo . . .
PaulD likes this.
Old 8th March 2013, 03:39 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post

My respect for Kermode has just gone up in the world, he speaks alot of sense here esspecialy in relation to parents view's on the 12A certificate.

DVD and BD collection
Old 9th March 2013, 09:50 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
My respect for Kermode has just gone up in the world, he speaks alot of sense here esspecialy in relation to parents view's on the 12A certificate.
He is pretty honest and insightful as far as the BBFC are concerned and often praises them for their honest classification. I do wonder if he, as a huge horror fan himself, agrees with my point?

Like this? Share it using the links below!